New OpenMRS website is almost ready!

Hello @cintiadr, @jennifer, @grace, @burke, @janflowers and the community

As we’re working hard to make the website alive, every week we’re closer and closer to the distribution. This is the high time to discuss WHEN we will move the staging to production. WHAT exactly need to be done to roll it out and WHO will do that.

When: My goal for the next 2 weeks is to do the 4 missing categories and top bar, so we will have the core of the website.

What: Some time ago we said that with these main categories we can go public (which I truly want) but this begs the question, what we do with the missing pages (and subpages) - do we add old ones and later when we’ll create a new one we swap it?

Who: Probably Cynthia’s help will be necessary here, but maybe @jslawinski could help?

Moving the website should be easy (hope so because I thought that migration would go smoothly and quickly :lying_face:) but looking at troubles which I had at staging I wonder if there is a chance just to change the priority of the beta.openmrs.org and openmrs.org?

I hope together we’ll find the solution for our smaller and bigger problems, and during the Conference we show our work - the fresh and new one website.

Summarizing - All hands on the board. I need to work on a few more pages, but the goal is realistic, and I think that we can do that. @cintiadr I saw on http://openmrs.org/ that there are 2 posts that we haven’t on staging I hope that there is an easy way to update that (or we need to import everything one more time?) @jennifer I truly want to achieve that, so please we need to **fasten the buttocks as a team. @grace if you have time to help, you are welcomed. @jslawinski is ready to help us.

(If somebody want to hear the freshest news, come to our website redesign meeting, today (every Wednesday)

cc @burhan99

3 Likes

Okey doki, I’m glad to tell you that I’ve ended work on the current version of the website - that means that pages are ready, full of content but of course they need some improvement in points which we discuss with Jennifer on our weekly meetings. Please go to beta.openmrs.org and give me some feedback, your thoughts and what you like/don’t like about it.

Also, I repeat my question about date of publication.

Today is next meeting so everybody who wants to join us is welcome

1 Like

Looks really nice in my opinion.

The layout is clean and tidy, so the information is easily accessible.

@zuzanna Great job!

1 Like

it looks legit :+1:

Thanks @zuzanna and the team

1 Like

Looks good way much better. The view from a Smartphone is also on point :+1:.

1 Like

Yeah. It’s a responsive page so it should looks nice on mobile phones, tablets and other different devices

3 Likes

Thanks Team

1 Like

its looks clean and great mobile layout too great work!

1 Like

Thanks @zuzanna
Its indeed beta continue with the work…

@zuzanna I ended up forgetting about this.

I don’t really recall how data was copied from main to beta. Was it using the export/import? On that case, you should be able to do it yourself. Or the posts can be created manually in beta as well!

I can schedule to migrate beta data into main any weekend from today.

@cintiadr thanks :slight_smile:

Yes, we used export/import, but we did it before these two posts have been published, so they weren’t on the beta site, so we could copy them.

And yes, I can add them manually, and probably it will be the easiest way to do that.

Love, love, love to hear that. We’ve scheduled a meeting on 5th August (Thursday) with the Head so if the meeting went good we will be able to migrate data on Saturday/Sunday - 7/8th August.

1 Like

Awesome! Leave the data as you’d like, and I will load all beta data into main over the weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great!

Maybe you know how work the Newsletter which is on the main website? How is it build - what’s the behind?