My OpenMRS Fellowship Journey: Daud

LAST PHASE OF NOVEMBER

The last phase of November has been a learning period while supporting one of our implementers in setting up qaframework for their organisation so as to tap on the benefits of automated tests for their products.

Through conducting learning sessions , I and @sharif have done the technical support to help the dev team(for the organisation) get started with the framework and a POC has been set up for testing their products.

Another registered milestone was supporting the release of REST WS 2.33.0 through writing automated tests for REST-WS endpoint tests. cc: @mksd

Thanks to @jonathan who supported the campaign of writing automated tests and am grateful to @dkayiwa &@ibacher for their technical guidance during the process of writing automated tests.

The period also came with Annual Virtual OpenMRS Implementers’ Conference that took place between 29th Nov to 2rd Dec. This was a great opportunity for me to learn how other squads in the community make their work done, meeting implementers of our product and how they use the products plus knowing the problem they are meeting which are worth addressing.

It gave me an opportunity to know the far we have come from and where we are heading as a community. I embraced one of the shared proverbs;

download

working together as a squad/team and as a community is a key to going far and achieving great goals in saving lives around the global.

As December arrived, the first half of the month am focusing on ensuring our POC is stable, sustainable and maintainable.

Thanks to @dkayiwa @sharif @christine @jennifer @janflowers @grace @ibacher for your endless support in my fellowship journey which has given me an opportunity grow both technical & non-technical skills and continuing to grow every single day →

6 Likes