My OpenMRS Fellowship Journey: Daud

EPIC 4: JULY
                    Leaving a Legacy that Counts !

I’m unfortunate that my mentor passed-on during my fellowship journey! However, I must say Joseph with selflessness earnestly did his role in my journey. A lot of skills I learnt during the three and half months from his mentorship and I knew there was much more I would grasp if I had a chance to finish my journey with him.

Nevertheless he left me a legacy worth living! His legacy will always remind me in how to truly be a “contributor” in my own life. My last fellowship call with him passionately encouraged me not only to be a great community dev but as well be a thoughtful, patient, and insightful community member!

A word of thanks to @paul @jennifer @grace @janflowers and ALL who provided endless support and comfort to help us recover from the grievous moment putting in mind that some members are still recovering ! Regards to @grace and @jennifer who checked me now and again to ensure I am able to go through this hard moment !.

And at the same time I was so motivated with how the community quickly responded with empathy on the matter for the loss of my beloved mentor.

Technical Work Resumes --->

Automation                  Automation            Automation

Continuing with my fellowship journey without a mentor seemed a little darker since my ambition in this program is to become a QA expert and at same time an expert software engineer whose contributions can positively impact people’s lives around the world. Thanks to @dkayiwa and @ibacher who willing fully covered the missing gap of my mentor and this enabled me to pick up once again with the technical work and continue with my journey →

In summary have been able to complete two new workflow tests and both of them are already running in master branch, and will be inclusive in supporting the soon coming 2.x RefApp release that @herbert24 is spear heading. Below are short videos that show these new workflow tests that have been developed following the new workflow based testing that mimics end user experience in a live environment.

E2E Automated Clinical Visit Test Workflow (Length: 2 min: 31 sec)

E2E Automated Vital and Triaging Test Workflow (Length: 3 min: 58 sec)

A word of thanks to our QA contributors @gracebish @insookwa @jwnasambu @sharif @hadijah315 @jayasanka @irenyak1 @mherman22 @achilep and others for the amazing contributions to the squad!

As August arrives I will :

• continue to increase the new workflow test coverage

• support automated tests for 3.x RefApp

• provide technical support to OCL

• mentor onboarding QA contributors with the new test framework to aid them get acquainted with the test workflow.

11 Likes