My OpenMRS Fellowship Journey: Daud

EPIC 3: JULY
            Automation!       Automation!         Automation!

Continuing with the new Workflow Based Testing Framework, the third Epic has been incredible with a lot of learning experiences. Having worked on three new workflow tests, have been exposed to new APIs and able to integrate them into the workflow. Working on new tools is exciting and at the same time challenging while integrating its logistics But personally I like to be challenged this has helped me grow faster my technical expertise in software development. Among other new workflow tests have implemented here is a 2-minutes video for Automated Vitals and Triaging workflow

Echoing on the old legacy ui test coverage, I was able to complete all the tests that I was assigned for the old test workflow and now those tests are ready running in master branch on every commit and every merge that is made to openmrs-distro-referenceapplication. Together with other contributors the test coverage now stands at 86% and aiming for a higher coverage than the current as contributors resolve the remaining ignored tests. Thanks to colleagues @gracebish @insookwa @irenyak1 @sharif @achilep @jwnasambu and others making this come true. This is a good roadmap for RefApp releases and to the community at large.

Great Mentor @k.joseph
Through his incredible mentorship in my journey have been able to mentor other onboarding new QA contributors through synching with them to help get acquainted with the automation workflows. Regards to @insookwa @irenyak1 @jwnasambu @gracebish @jayasanka and others providing technical support to the QA squad in an amazing ways that has raised the test coverage. As one researcher quoted " Tell Me Who Your Friends Is, I’ll Tell You Who You Will Become", I will be a great mentor too as @k.joseph and will be of value to OpenMRS community

2rd Community Virtual Conference Experience

The virtual conference gave me a greater experience and knowing other organizations working along with us, and meeting implementers for our software and seeing how they use our systems. Technically experienced how other geeks else-where do interesting stuffs.

One of the two incredible moments in the conference was during the quiz that @grace took us through with a cool music in the background. I did not believe that I would end at 13th position out of 97 participants after obtaining 100% . Congs to @tanderson :clap: emerging in 1st position followed by @mksd in the 2nd position. However, I noticed my connection failed me to override these geeks simply my confirm action would take long to process my answer to the quiz moderator and thoughtfully these geeks’ connection was faster. Next time will have a clear connection and will override every one in the race. BTW I did see @dkayiwa and @ibacher on the top list and yet they participated, am not sure which exact positions these geeks were tagged at the end of the quiz!

The second exciting moment was during QAShowCase presentation where I was excited with remarkable responses when the demo was being presented. ["Interesting characters Sir Daud and Sharif...", "Great demo", "Great:)", "Fantastic automation", "Interesting demo", among others ]. This motivates working on a real world project with OpenMRS Community whose software impacts peoples lives around the world. Thanks to @sharif whom we worked together to see this show case come true, a special shout out to our mentor @k.joseph who provided incredible guidance and the technical support during the production time

Congs to @mozzy @gcliff for successfully fellowshipping with OpenMRS and working on interesting project of PLIR, I get motived seeing pioneers of this program being successful and hoping to succeed as well.

Waiting to share with the community what the last phase of July will bring. Award of thanks to @k.joseph @christine @grace @jennifer @hadijah315 and every one in the community making my journey interesting and full of learning

8 Likes