In the last two weeks of March i have been working on developing a script for the end-to-end test of the stream pipeline of the analytics engine with bash shell, the task also involved making some refactoring in the end-to-end batch script to factor out the common pieces in both scripts ie setting up the test environment(spin-up the openemrs and fhir docker containers),this has given me a frist time exposure to script programming , getting a deep dive scripts and becoming familiar with how they work.
I have also been doing some work in the fhir2 module which is basically to implement the has search parameter on the service request resource referring to the Observation, this issue has tasked me to dig into the fhir2 module DAO code to learn how the patterns of java code are being used to write code that generates sql queries that stored and retrieve data from the openmrs DB(thanks to @ibacher for the motoring). During this process i got to learn and appreciate more the beauty of the hibernate framework plus the criteria API in mapping java classes to database tables and from java data types to SQL data types, i also got learn more about java 8 stream and optional API plus lambda expressions which provides a clear and concise way to represent one method interface using an expression in the collections library .
I have also been doing more personal studies on the analytics batch mode code to better understand how the segmentation between the batch fhir and batch jdbc is done using the search segment descriptor, also took a look into some concepts ie the parquet files and the beauty they bring to the table of storing data in columnar format for easy storing and querying plus flattening of tables in DBs .
Having sessions with my mentor @mozzy and weekly check-ins with @k.joseph & @jennifer
Planning to continue with work in analytics and fhir2 plus dockerizing the plir-widget, focussing on QA with in the FHIR/PLIR project