Moving Ext I18N module under OpenMRS

Hi all,

I would like to create a new repo under OpenMRS for Ext I18N:

Just wondering about best practices and implications:

• I guess I should not fork but instead push the current history directly to the new repo?
  • Should I squash the pre-OpenMRS history or just keep it as it is?
  • What about JIRA, where would issues be tracked about it?

Any comments or suggestions are welcome!

Well I guess I will just go ahead then… :slight_smile: And I will also create a Bamboo plan for that one.

Hey @mksd. Sometime’s the community’s silence can be deafening. :wink:

Yes. Migrate, do not fork.

Keep it as is.

We’d create a JIRA project for it.

Thanks @burke. There’s actually a ‘Transfer ownership’ button, I just did that and now Ext I18N has become an OpenMRS project! I gave access to all /dev/3 in order for me to not loose access, I hope that’s ok?

Regarding JIRA… sure, but I personally think it’s a bit overkill. I would rather see Ext I18N as a component of a project dedicated to gather such components in one place. The day a component deserves its own project, one can always select its issues and move them to the project created for the occasion.

Cc @mksrom

1 Like

Actually that was a bad idea, I can’t push to it anymore :frowning: Could someone grant me the appropriate access on that new repo?

Internally at MKS we use a ‘dev’ branch as the main “develop” branch, and this remained through transferring the repo to OpenMRS. It is while attempting to rename the default branch to ‘master’ that I realised that I couldn’t write to it anymore…

I just went in and made you an admin.

1 Like

I also noticed that /dev/3 had Read instead of Write access.

FYI – for the majority of repos, /dev/1 & /dev/2 get read access, /dev/3 & /dev/4 have write access, and /dev/5 has admin access. Folks who need additional access (e.g., a /dev/2 needing write access or a /dev/3 needing admin access), we add them as collaborators in the specific repo with the additional access.

Everything is set up, including Bamboo. The first SNAPSHOT is in the box on Nexus. I will do a commit for the TravisCI build and everything should be in order.

Thanks all!

Ok two more questions:

(Q1.) Who’s responsible to add the TravisCI service to the GitHub repo?

(Q2.) Should a webhook be added for triggering Bamboo buids, or how does that work?

Q1: I think you may need to write to help desk. Q2: As you can see here, Bamboo is already triggered for every commit: https://ci.openmrs.org/browse/EI18N-EI18N-2

Great! Somehow I didn’t see that #2 build… Ok helpdesk case created!

8 posts were split to a new topic: Configuring CI for exti18n module

Ok! I could finally release Ext I18N 1.0.0. A few tips for others and for reference…

The variable maven.release.version is the release version to come (obviously). Whereas the variable maven.development.version is the next desired development version. Working example:

In the main POM all this is necessary:

<scm>
 <connection>scm:git:git@github.com:openmrs/openmrs-module-exti18n.git</connection>
 <developerConnection>scm:git:git@github.com:openmrs/openmrs-module-exti18n.git</developerConnection>
 <url>scm:git:git@github.com:openmrs/openmrs-module-exti18n.git</url>
 <tag>HEAD</tag>
</scm>
  • The distribution management section, example:
<distributionManagement>
 <repository>
  <id>openmrs-repo-modules</id>
  <name>OpenMRS Modules</name>
  <url>http://mavenrepo.openmrs.org/nexus/content/repositories/modules</url>
 </repository>
 <snapshotRepository>
  <id>openmrs-repo-snapshots</id>