This week, we've received several reports of people having problems with the email verification process. When they try to click the link in their verification email, they get the following error from ID Dashboard:
Error at Object.<anonymous> (/opt/id/node_modules/LDAP/LDAP.js:16:23) at Module._compile (module.js:449:26) at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:467:10) at Module.load (module.js:356:32) at Function.Module._load (module.js:312:12) at Module.require (module.js:362:17) at require (module.js:378:17) at Object.<anonymous> (/opt/id/app/ldap.js:16:18) at Module._compile (module.js:449:26) at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:467:10)
They can't log in or reset their password after this, and the verification doesn't work of course due to the above error.
A workaround that we've been using is:
- Delete the "Locked" account in Formage
- Recreate it via the normal ID Dashboard page, using the exact same names, email address, and a temporary password, and get an error message that the email address and username exists.
- Check that the account now re-appears in Formage, but no longer "Locked"
- Log in to Dashboard with the temporary password to verify
- Instruct the user to use the password reset feature to reset their password and continue as normal.
This is stopping several people from successfully getting accounts, so we should try to figure out what's wrong ASAP.
Any ideas? @r0bby @plypy @elliott /cc @ryan