Looking for the OpenMRS 2.6.0 Platform Release Manager

Did you fail to fix the error in the latest plan’s build log?

@abertnamanya has the privileges to delete the existing tag and its him i am waiting for

@mherman22, Sorry I have been off from the upcountry.

Today I ran the build, still brings the release rollback error. OpenMRS Platform - OpenMRS Platform 2.6.x 46: Build result summary - OpenMRS Bamboo

CC: @dkayiwa

@dkayiwa thanks for the follow-up on the failing to release to maven. in this build, the release to maven is successful and what is failing is publishing the readme and publishing the war files.

cc: @abertnamanya

Though rsync: failed to set permissions while publishing to sourceforge, we can ignore these errors for now, because the file are successfully uploaded, anyway: OpenMRS - Browse /prereleases/OpenMRS_Platform_2.6.0-alpha at SourceForge.net

2 Likes

Thank you @dkayiwa,

Should we plan to go to the next stage of releasing the beta version

CC: @dkayiwa

Update the UAT Platform Environment: Remember to update UAT Platform server instance by running the UAT Platform Deployment plan.

@abertnamanya i think the above step is what we should go to next. Can we get sometime tomorrow and meet over that?

1 Like

As i am trying to update the UAT Platform Server with the newly released platform 2.6.0-alpha, i created a deployment project. Under this newly created deployment project, i am attempting to create an environment (as can be seen in the image below). However i am blocked on whether to choose agent environment or docker container under the section of isolate deployment.

cc: @abertnamanya @tendomart @jwnasambu @dkayiwa

Thank you @mherman22 Yeah we could have a meeting, Can we do tomorrow at around 10am

1 Like

thats fine by me!

Am sorry! the entire day was spend in the hospital. Basing on this link and this document you will go with the Docker container

Unless this got changed of late, but in the past, we used Agent environment

1 Like

Kindly what is the difference in the 2 environments please! ( nothing changed! I just responded basing on the document).

@mherman22 I hope all is cleared now.

During my huddle with @abertnamanya today, we tried figuring out how to create or setup tasks for the UAT Platform server but failed. Some assistance is required to setup tasks for the deployment on UAT Platform Server.

cc: @dkayiwa @mozzy @tendomart @abertnamanya @jwnasambu

(screenshot to show where we are at)

Can you check again?

1 Like

thanks @dkayiwa , this unblocked us and we can go ahead and deploy platform 2.6.0-alpha to the UAT Platform server.

Our last successful build is about 2 weeks ago, is it okay to deploy from that far long ago? I guess the question is, does build #40(which was the last successful build) contain the necessary artifacts for this deployment.

cc: @dkayiwa @abertnamanya

I tried running a new build and got the famous /.m2/../.. (Permission denied) error. @ibacher i remember you fixing it for some other build. Does it require someone on the infra team? Or any one with bamboo privileges can apply that fix?