List your use-case scenario's of OpenMRS or Bahmni!!!

Hi all, been awhile since I’ve last posted. I’m with Global Health Coalition, a US based non-profit. As like many of you’ve we’ve customized Bahmni / OpenMRS for a couple clinical partners, in Haiti and the Dominican Republic, in ambulatory clinics. We provide an end-to-end service, performing needs assessments, designing EMR infrastructure to match clinic workflow, EMR maintenance and deployment, and data visualization platform. We have longitudinal relationships with our partners. Our clinical partners include Community Empowerment (Chicago, Haiti) and One World Surgery (Minneapolis, Chicago, Dominican Republic). Our Bahmni development partner is Mekom (can’t speak any more highly of them). Both ambulatory sites see around 100-750 patients per week. We operate a LAN with battery charging packs and intermittent data uploads for data analytics from the U.S. There is no regular internet or electicity at our clinics. We run about 10-12 client Chromebooks. For visualizations, we use Tableau. Our main focus is improving health through data-driven decision making. I’m the founder and an advanced heart failure cardiologist at Northwest Community Hospital in Arlington Heights, IL.

It would be great to hear about your use cases, where, what sort of deployment and environment, etc.

1 Like

Since this talk post shows up on Google search for Bahmni case-studies, I wanted to provide further links for users looking to read more case-studies of impact/rollout of Bahmni. See here:

https://bahmni.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/BAH/pages/34439387/Presentations

and this discussion here: Research on metrics or impact of rolling out Bahmni/OpenMRS EMR?

Adding some more links for reference and to make it easy to find via Google Search: Bahmni Articles / News Items on the Internet

casestudies