To help potential fellowship candidates prepare their Fellowship Program Application, we are hosting a series of Fellowship Program Orientation Sessions.
Why an orientation?
Each year, we reflect on what we’ve observed and heard from fellows and mentors about their fellowship experience. Many are asking for more guidance at the beginning of the fellowship on fellowship plans, project proposals, mentorship, writing blogs, and more.
We hope that, by the end of this orientation series, you will be ready to successfully apply and participate in the OpenMRS Fellowship Program from the start in a targeted way that effectively and actively achieves your professional goals.
What can I expect from this orientation?
By participating in this orientation series, you will be able to:
- Summarize the expectations of each actor in the OpenMRS Fellowship Program
- Define 1-2 professional development goals
- Identify and prioritize technical and non-technical skills critical to your success
- Create an initial plan for achieving your professional development goals
- Describe how you’ll use essential open source and mentorship skills to set up a successful, fellowship experience
When and how long are the orientation sessions?
Four orientation sessions and an open working session are planned for 17 November - 15 December 2022.
- Session 1: Fellowship Program Overview (17 November 2022 at 2pm UTC)
- Session 2: Matching Your Goals with the Skills You Need (22 November 2022 at 2pm UTC)
- Session 3: Mentorship, Open Source Citizens, and OpenMRS (1 December 2022 at 2pm UTC)
- Session 4: Fellowship Planning (8 December 2022 at 2pm UTC)
- Open Working Session (15 December 2022 at 2pm UTC)
Get ready to submit a winning application! Learn more and register for orientation sessions here.