Is there any OpenMRS developer, doing developments on Windows OS platform?

Hello, I am a java programmer, start getting into OpenMRS modules developments. I program in windows OS. I am trying to setup OpenMRS core module and reference application modules under windows OS, but having too many issues. I am just wondering, is there any OpenMRS developers who are working under Windows OS environment (Installed OpenMRS, MySQL, everything on Windowns 10 OS)? If so, can you please guide me or help me how to setup my development environment? I use Eclipse on windows machine and I don’t mind if I have to use Docker to install anything which can not be on Windows, but I would like to have my Eclipse on Windows, so I can run and debug on Windows. Anyone can help me? thanks, Zaw.

1 Like

Just incase you find this helpful: OpenMRS SDK - Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki

Yes, I have been following this Wiki and every single documentations available online, and setting up OpenMRS SDK and development environment on my Eclipse (on my Windows10 desktop) for a while now, without success. All I am looking for is to setup OpenMRS core module and reference applications 2.11 on my Eclipse so, I can rebuild my own version with changes. Do we have any OpenMRS developers on Windows OS using Eclipse? thanks, Zaw.

@mumzm we can connect on call for some 30 mins and try to get you unblocked

Hi @herbert24 , yes, I am available today. Please let me know what time. I can send you Zoom invite to you, if you can send me your email. thank you…

we can pickup on call tomorrow at 11am EAT

Hi @herbert24 , can we talk later on tomorrow? I live at EST timezone. So, your Oct 7th 11am is my 5am in the morning. Can we talk on later time, like your 4pm EAT, which is my 10am. Please let me know your email so I can send you Zoom invite. Thanks.

1 Like

that is ok

How can I send you the Zoom invite for our meeting today?

you can drop the link here

Zaw Min is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: OpenMRS developer setup on Windows10 discussion Time: Oct 7, 2021 10:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 853 4429 0586 Passcode: 171581 One tap mobile +13017158592,85344290586#,*171581# US (Washington DC) +13126266799,85344290586#,*171581# US (Chicago)

Dial by your location +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC) +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago) +1 646 558 8656 US (New York) +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma) +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston) +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose) Meeting ID: 853 4429 0586 Passcode: 171581 Find your local number: Zoom International Dial-in Numbers - Zoom

I am in the meeting now. Please let me know, if you can’t join…

1 Like

@herbert24 , are you joining the meeting???

1 Like

@herbert24 , can we meet today, and follow up from the last time? Thank you.

Hi I am Ivan desiring to be a contributor here. I am new to open source and all. I am having trouble setting up my windows environment. I have tried and read and implemented up to setting up the OpenMRS SDK and can’t get that going well. Powershell gets stuck! Basically I need help setting up properly. I don’t know which version of mySQL 8 is necessary for the development environment either. Would anyone kindly help. Or @herbert24, would you help a newbie?

which link are you following to setup the sdk

I am not sure now! But some link I found on the wiki! I hope that even makes sense.

Do I need to setup Mysql before the OpenMRS SDK? The guidelines are not clear on that for me. @herbert24

well i just want to see that link from which you are getting the guide lines, you can drop it here

have you got a chance to look at OpenMRS SDK - Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki