For the past 12 years, the OpenMRS Implementers’ Conference (OMRS) is held in a different country where our community gather to learn from each other and celebrate their accomplishments. Last year, the 12th conference was hosted by Malawi where 175 developers, implementers, and volunteers from 20 countries came together to talk about all things OpenMRS and develop strategies to improve the applications of the software.
We have begun planning for OMRS 2018 and now we’ll leave it to anyone interested in hosting this year’s conference!
If you are interested in hosting the 2018 OpenMRS Implementers’ Conference, Please review the following criteria we’ve developed to help ensure success and guide you in the preparations for this event:
- Significant local OpenMRS community activity, that is, a presence of regional community with the country, hackathons, long-standing community membership e.t.c.
- Country helps support long-term strategic interests of the OpenMRS community
- Easy access, that is, good international airport, liberal visa policies, local transportation.
- Availability of travel and hotel infrastructure suitable to host the meeting.
- Provision of good security throughout the conference.
- Commitment to OpenMRS as a network, regional, or country level platform for patient-level record keeping.
- Strong local hosting organization with an ability to engage local resources/sponsorship
- Underserved environment.
- Willingness to host OpenMRS clinical site visits.
If interested, please fill in the following application form: Here
We will reach out to those of you that have previously applied to host this event.
If you have any questions, please send an email to events @openmrs.org .
One can also get in touch directly with :
The application deadline is: 31 March 2018 by 11:59 pm in whichever time zone you’re applying in.