Last year, Uganda hosted the largest ever OpenMRS Implementers’ Conference; over 400 community members attended representing 26 countries! As we’re planning for this year’s conference we want to extend the invitation to be this year’s host!
If you are interested in hosting the 2017 OpenMRS Implementers’ Conference later this year, please review the simple criteria we’ve developed to help ensure success and guide you in the preparations for this event:
- Significant local OpenMRS community activity, that is, a presence of regional community within country, hackathons, longstanding community membership e.t.c.
- Country helps support long-term strategic interests of the OpenMRS community
- Easy access, that is, good international airport, liberal visa policies, local transportation.
- Availability of travel and hotel infrastructure suitable to host the meeting.
- Provision of good security throughout the conference.
- Commitment to OpenMRS as a network, regional, or country level platform for patient-level record keeping.
- Strong local hosting organization with an ability to engage local resources/sponsorship
- Underserved environment.
- Willingness to host OpenMRS clinical site visits.
If interested, please fill in the following application form: 2017 Implementers' Conference Host Application
If you have any queries or issues, please send an email to events @openmrs.org .
One can also get in touch directly with
Jeff Neiman: @jeffneiman
Christine Gichuki: @christine
The application deadline is 15, June 2017.