How to change default mysql password

Yes bro…two different users… root and openmrs-user

Yes… The default password created in the openmrs run-time-propertires for connecting to mysql… I had changed the password using normal sql user password changing method… But after that i cant able to take backup… I tried changing password directly in openmrs-runtime-properties also…But after that also,facing the same issue…

Im using Sdk…Version: 2.1.1 Build 725db5 IS using…

can you post your run-time properties here for the exact sdk server thats having issues ??

what do u mean two differet users?? a default user for openmrs and a root user for mysql??

@mithu please clarify which user password changes you mean here, it will be easier to understand what it is that is wrong and where the problem lies.

Users are “root” and “openmrs-user”

are those users accounts for mySQL??

its a matter of setting up your mysql , change the user passwords , and also reflect the same change in your openmrs run-time properties file

Example of run-time properties file

#Auto generated by OpenMRS initialization wizard
    #Tue Mar 05 15:01:15 EAT 2019
    encryption.vector=4EjE8q/78ntmOJzwEdyGpA\=\=
    connection.url=jdbc\:mysql\://localhost\:3306/EmrApiTest3?autoReconnect\=true&sessionVariables\=default_storage_engine%3DInnoDB&useUnicode\=true&characterEncoding\=UTF-8
    module.allow_web_admin=true
    connection.username=**USER**
    auto_update_database=false
    encryption.key=KijkSt2Apx1nDJHpJ3nw/A\=\=
    connection.driver_class=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
    connection.password=**PASSWORD_YOU_SET_IN_mySQL
1 Like

After changing my password it didnt reflected in this runtime properties… After i tried to change it manually…but same issue is there…it effects the backup…

no in the openmrs run-time properties file, it cant change automaticaly , you have to manually change it

take note of the exact user and corresponding password in your mySQL. put the same user and password in your run-time properties file

2 Likes

@mithu are you able to access your mysql database using your user and password?

2 Likes

I tried the same and the issue is still there…

Yes…I can able to access…

1 Like

can you paste your server logs in pastebin and post the link here??

are you runing sdk?

1 Like

yeah…im running sdk…

can you follow this on setting up the sdk https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/OpenMRS+SDK