I have some ideas which we might deliberate upon and possibly incorporate into the project of Developing a Suite of Volunteer Guides.
1. Creation of WBS: To bring in a systematic manner of work I would propose that we should firstly build a visual Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) of all the work we do.
2. Creation of Team Charter or more formally an Organizational Structure with Roles & Responsibilities: Following the completion of WBS we should formulate an organizational structure wherein those charged with governance (TCWG) like managers, mentors, guides, etc. and it should also be highlighted with their roles & primary responsibilities.
3. Count of Active Personnels engaged with TCWG: I know that the structure of OpenMRS is based on contributions from Volunteers but we should also incorporate a sum-count or range of people involved with a given project and/or collaborating under TCWG, this will also be helpful for the entire community and new entrants to understand which team is under manpowered and which are the teams which can spare additional manpower in case other team are in need, not a compulsory practice but just by encouraging their team.
4. Collaborating with Outreach Team: With an established count of active personnels engaged with TCWG, being in place this data would then be used to collaborate with Outreach team so that under manpowered team can be targeted first or more emphasized.
5. Agglomeration of project work and standard operating procedures: Once the team charters are prepared, all the data spread across OpenMRS wiki or in various threads to be agglomerated in a structured manner based on WBS. A set of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) in case not framed then it would be formulated after due communication with concerned team & TCWG’s.
These are some quick starter ideas for the project, I would appreciate your thoughts and suggestions over them.