2020-05-20: Design Forum: How To Organize OpenMRS Outreach Guide

This design call is to explore the best way to organize an outreach to sensitize the targeted community about OpenMRS. An Outreach is a predetermined visit executed by a member or members of OpenMRS focused on interesting the intended audience into contributing in different ways to OpenMRS. We will explore:

• Who should organize or get involved in an outreach.
  • What components ( e.g. information, other material) should be shared in an outreach.
  • How should an outreach be conducted?
  • When or how often should these outreaches be organized?

Input from this Design Forum will be included in a guide.

Who: Anyone in the community with an interest in or an opinion about how we conduct outreach. @jennifer @jwnasambu @gracebish @dkayiwa @ssmusoke @loisnaki

When: Wednesday, 20 May 2020 Time: 11:30pm IST | 9pm Nairobi | 8pm Cape Town | 6pm UTC | 1pm Boston | 11am Seattle*

Where: Audio, Chat, & Screen Sharing (latest Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or other WebRTC-compatible browser): http://www.uberconference.com/openmrs

Audio Only (Telephone or your favorite VoIP client): • Toll-free (United States): +1 (888) 510-4073 • International: +1 (201) 479-2055 View a list of local access phone numbers for various countries . After dialing, when prompted enter meeting number 888-510-4073.

2 Likes

I will be part of this call tomorrow at 9pm.

Here is the recording for this Design Forum - and a link to the notes.

Thanks for the great discussion and I’m looking forward to the next iteration of the Outreach Guide!

Many thanks for the recording and link to the well made notes. Am I going Deaf or is the recording not just playing?

I also think it is not playing :sweat_smile:.
Is it the same for you now also @loisnaki ??

The recording played for me. I think the recording started several minutes before everyone joined so there is some silence at the start.