GSoC-2022: Final Evaluation

Hi all GSoC Contributors,

We hope you are all doing well,Please be aware of the deadlines for final evaluations.

For contributors working on medium size project;

Work Period Action Item
September 5 - 7, 2022 Final week: Students submit their code, project summaries, and
September 8- 12, 2022 final evaluations of their mentor.
September 12-19, 2022 Mentors submit final student evaluations
September 20, 2022 Final date for all GSoC contributors to submit their final work product

For Contributors working on long term projects

September 12 - November 13: GSoC contributors with extended timelines continue coding

November 14 - November 21: Final date for all GSoC contributors to submit their final work product.

November 28: Final date for mentors to submit evaluations for GSoC contributor projects with extended deadlines.

Final Submission Guidelines

We require contributors to complete ALL of the following requirements before mentors begin their evaluations on September 8, 2022 .

What is needed?

1. Video presentation for your project( 5 minutes)
  2. Prepare a single shareable document with your project work (10 weeks of work)
  3. Final presentation Talk post
  4. Update Project Wiki Page

1. Video presentation for your project

In addition to the evaluation on the GSoC site, we require students to record, upload and share a short (3-5 min) video on Talk that describes and demos the project you’re working on. Please post links to your videos as new topics on Talk under the GSoC category, and make sure to tag these with #gsoc2022-final eval and #gsoc2022. The aim of this is to provide a quick overview of the project to share with the OpenMRS community.

The video should not exceed 5 minutes, and would ideally include a walk through of the work you’ve already developed and/or are currently developing. It’s fine to set the scene by describing the project’s objectives, milestones, etc. But please make sure to also include a description/demo of the work you’ve done on the project, and what’s left to do in the final stages of the GSoC program.

Submissions will follow the same time frame as the final evaluation - you are expected to post links to your videos on Talk the week between the 12th - 19th September.

We suggest taking a look at some of the last years’ presentations for examples of what’s expected,

2. Single shareable documentation for your project

As part of the final evaluation, you will be asked to provide a document link to the work you’ve done for the program. We ask that you create a new blog post using the format provided at the end of this post and provide that as your final link in the evaluation. You can find examples below,

P.S : Please find the Project Summary template here.

Once you submit your final evaluation, you can not change it. You should share your link with your mentor BEFORE submitting your evaluation to make sure it’s okay.

3. Final presentation Talk post

As well as adding a final blog post, students will need to post a new topic on OpenMRS Talk, titled ‘GSoC 2022 - Project Title - Final Presentation’, using the same format and details as your blog post, and make sure to tag these with #gsoc2022-finaleval and #gsoc2022.

4. Update Project wiki page

Please make sure to update the project page on the OpenMRS wiki with details of what was completed, any relevant links to code repositories and/or other resources, and importantly, clarify if there is still any outstanding work to be done on the project. One of the aims here is to move pages over to the Completed Projects section, but we need details on the status of each project first.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

cc: @anjisvj @piumal1999 @salahoamro @pasindur2 @kumuditha @jayasanka @ibacher @samuel34 @bistenes @hadijah315 @dkibet @vasharma05

cc: @jennifer @herbert24 @grace

8 Likes

Hi,

Just to make sure: For my long term project, the final submission is currently open in my GSoC dashboard, I don’t need to fill it, right?

you can checkout the timeline when to fill your final submission here Summer Of Code 2022 - Resources - OpenMRS Wiki

Thank you @herbert24, I’ve checked the timeline, but I mean that if my project is extended to November, I don’t think it should show me the final submission form now in my dashboard.

So just to make sure, its extended to November but I shouldn’t fill the form now?

@salahoamro ohh yes i see that on the google dashboard.Let me cross check with the team and we see whether we can reach out to google over this.Hoping to get back to you before that end of tomorrow,thanks.

2 Likes

Hello @kdaud, #gsoc2022-final tag seems to be not there.

Hey @anjisvj the tag is called #gsoc2022-finaleval.

yeah, I cannot find it. @kdaud

Try again and let me know the outcome.

hope now things look clear at the dashboard @salahoamro

1 Like

Still it’s same

Everything is clear now. Thank you for your time.

1 Like

Type gsoc2022-finaleval in the search bar for the tag.

Hi @kdaud, It’s not working for me as well

Try to search using gsoc2022-finaleval#. Put the # symbol at the end of the word instead.

Still not working.

Remove the # symbol and try to search using the word gsoc2022-finaleval

Still the same.

Update: There’s no tag for #gsoc2022-finaleval in Tags page as well. Is there a limit for tags in discourse?

Share the snapshot for the recent alternative!

Now it’s working🥳! Thanks @kdaud

1 Like