GSOC 2020 , OpenMRS Should Support PostgreSQL

This is the public thread for the GSOC 2020 project OpenMRS Should Support PostgreSQL. I’ll be sharing all the project details, problems I’ll face etc on this thread. Hoping to have a wonderful summer with this community. :slightly_smiling_face:

Mentors : @dkayiwa , @jwnasambu

2 Likes

hello @aman

thanks for the great work and contribution your have done in the community :cowboy_hat_face:

enabling openmrs to support postgre is part of the road map for 2.4.0 release, i just wanted to inquire if this feature is fully ready? :smiley:

1 Like

@gcliff , I am working on the last bug and will try to complete it by this weekend. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

sounds awsome :+1: and once again thanks for the contribution

1 Like

Thanks for clinging on and am glad you are remaining with few bugs and tests to fix ! we look forward to the end product and having you in the community even after the GSoC period.

1 Like

Sure, you all are going to see me here for a long time :smiley:

2 Likes

hello @aman @dkayiwa am trying set up openmrs to run on postgre on windows environment however am having some errors
I have done a fresh mvn clean build and then run mvn jetty:run in the webapp folder

postgre has been install properly on my machine and activated in the windows Services .

What could i be missing here

@gcliff , Does this occur after initialization wizard of OpenMRS or before ? From the logs it appears that 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:8080 address is already in use. May be some other application is using that and thus jetty is not able to use it.

its before

i have re-started the machine but it still persists

@gcliff , while setting up PostgreSQL which Port Number did you set ? It is supposed to be 5432

YES when you look at my postgre config file i set the port to 5432

Since port 8080 is being used, we can set the port dynamically for jetty. Try :

mvn jetty:run -Djetty.http.port=9999

And to see which application might be using 8080 port , you might want to hava a look here : https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48198/how-can-you-find-out-which-process-is-listening-on-a-port-on-windows

1 Like

thanks @aman for the help ,salute :policeman:

am now up and running openmrs platform with postgres on windows :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

@gcliff can you now install the reference application modules and see how they behave on PostgreSQL?

1 Like

Hello everyone. This is the link to wiki page that I am using for documenting the project: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/OpenMRS+Setup+On+PostgreSQL . Please have a look at it and give your suggestions. :slightly_smiling_face:

cc. @dkayiwa @jwnasambu

2 Likes

Thanks for the good work @aman ! I have read through and followed the procedures highlighted and everything seem to be working well. my only worry is where the page is placed. I thought this page will be fit at Implementer documentation under installing openmrs sub-section @dkayiwa what is your take?

@jwnasambu did you try installing the reference application modules?

hello @dkayiwa @aman i have tested it out on reff app and it works

1 Like

Yes the modules load. Did you also try to out the functionality as listed on the reference app user guide?

Though still testing the functionality as listed by the reference application user guide, my UI looks a bit different after logging in as reflected on this snapshort