Primary Mentor/Project Champion: @ibacher .
Primary Mentor: @judeniroshan .
Mentor: @suthagar23 .
Student: Ayeshmantha Perera.
Main Influence for the Project
What is OpenMRS & Where is it?
OpenMRS is a software platform and a reference application that enables the design of a customized medical records system with no programming knowledge (although medical and systems analysis knowledge is required). It is a common platform upon which medical informatics efforts in developing countries can be built. The system is based on a conceptual database structure that is not dependent on the actual types of medical information required to be collected or on particular data collection forms and so can be customized for different uses.
OpenMRS is now in use around the world (see the OpenMRS Atlas), including South Africa, Kenya, Rwanda, Lesotho, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Uganda, Tanzania, Haiti, India, China, United States, Pakistan, the Philippines, and many other places. This work is supported in part by many organizations including international and government aid groups, NGOs, as well as for-profit and nonprofit corporations.
Create a framework that can capture system and server metrics for OpenMRS.
- Create a New module with database configurations:- Completed.
- Ability to subscribe to the ActiveMQ service bus to listen to the Hibernate events of selected resources.:- Completed.
- Persist events in a flat structured table in the OpenMRS db :- Completed.
- Extend DropWizard JMX instrumental library to expose System metrics requested.:- Completed.
- Expose DropWizard Server metrics:- Completed.
- Expose Ping Endpoint provided by DropWizard:- Completed.
- Add sample UI to showcase system and server metrics:- Completed
- Add the DAO level and Service level Unit tests for the project. :- Completed
- Add a 3rd party plugin flow for monitoring tools like Graphite and Prometheus:- Completed
- Easy to extend the module for resources required.
- Easy to handle date ranges for the application:- Completed.
Talk Thread links
Extend the flow and the flat table structure to expose more information on resources.
Thoughts on GSoC
GSoC is one of the main programmes in the world which encourage and helps people to engage in opensource development.The experience it brings to developers is very valuable for their future work.
As I always mention openMRS is one of the best opensource communities in the world.My mentors are always helpful for me when proceeding on the project.And they motivated me to work towards the end of the project after going through the work I do.
Finally I would like to thank @ibacher who guided me through the whole project and my mentor @judeniroshan as well . Also openMRS community who gave me this opportunity to work with the community and also to Google for organizing such an awesome opensource event for the students.