GSOC 2019 : UI For Reset Password via Email Project

@dkayiwa I posted the draft there as well. I just was not sure who was going to get to see it and when, that’s why I decided to post it here too

@madushan I have added some mockups to the proposal. Not the best looking though :sweat_smile:, but I hope they convey the idea.

1 Like

@harisu, is there any reason for having the email text being printed on the console after the email has been sent? If not, I was thinking of removing it

Don’t remove it.

@harisu @ryan97, I am stuck at this point while testing forgot password. I have updated my database table with email as well as set the global properties. I kinda need help as I am getting the same error 404 responses.

Stuck at this point

The reason you’re getting that error is as a result of some versioning issues in the pom file. Let me know when you’re free to talk so I could guide you through it. We could communicate on IRC

Thanks @ryan97, can you please tell me which versions you are using?

I am free from 10:30 UTC to 18:30 UTC. Also I won’t be available on Fri and Sat due to some commitments. We can have a chat on Sunday.

Hi @deepak140596, Sorry about the late reply, was not able to reply earlier. Given that you are unavalaible, please check that the version of openmrs in the pom file of your openmrs core is 2.2.0-alpha. Then go to your rest web services module, in the omod-2.2 directory, open the pom file of that directory and ensure that the openmrs version in the <properties> tag is 2.2.0-alpha as well. That should fix your problem.

Thanks @ryan97. I will check my versions.

Hi @ryan97, thanks for the reply. Can you please elaborate on where can I find the the details you mentioned (the pom versions)?

For instance, I have download openmrs.war, put it in Tomcat, configured MySQL and added the add-on modules from the download page.

Hi @deepak140596, sorry for my late reply. I wouldn’t advice you using the openmrs.war file and the addons when working with the core because they usually don’t immediately carry the latest changes as they occur. I’d advice you set up your system following the instructions in this page which involves you cloning the code from the github repo. That way you have access to the code and can make the required changes I pointed out.