Again congratulations and a warm welcome to the 13 students selected for Google Summer of Code 2019 , and extended thanks to our fantastic group of OpenMRS project mentor volunteers, as well as all students that submitted applications this year!
Students - the community bonding period has begun, and we’ll be posting more details around next steps soon, but in the meantime, please take the opportunity to get in touch with your mentors, and introduce yourself to the community and other students in this thread. Specifically, please tell us about yourself by answering the following questions here:
- Where are you from/based?
- How far along are you in your education? Where are you currently enrolled?
- Tell us about your project in a sentence or two.
- What’s your IRC/Telegram nickname?
- What interests you about OpenMRS?
- Tell us one (or more) interesting or fun facts about yourself
- Tell us about your previous open source contributions (short and sweet )
- Which are the Open source tools/techs that you most preferred to use, introduce to OpenMRS community?
Hi everyone, Thanks to all the mentors for selecting me to GSOC 2019 and congratulation to all the other selected students. Here is a brief introduction about me.
- My names are Wandji Collins. I am from Cameroon, Buea
- I am an undergraduate in faculty of Engineering and technology, University of Buea, and I am following Bsc. degree in Telecom Engineering.
- My mentors are @tahira and @owais.hussain and I will be working on UI for Common Lab Test
- Main objectives of my project are complete the UI design and make it 100% RESTFUL
- I am known by @wandji69 on talk, @Waniccoll on Telegram and Waniccoll on IRC
- I am very interested In the UI design and functionality in Openmrs and also the core
- I like music when my friends are around me.
Welcome on board @wandji69. Looking forward to have a productive GSoC experience with you!
Hi everyone, Thanks to all members of the Community for My Selection in GSOC19 and to every student.
- My name is Vankineeni Tawrun. I am from Varanasi, India.
- I am a Junior undergraduate in Computer science & Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology(IIT) Varanasi.
- My mentors are @suthagar23 and @dkayiwa and will be working on [Location based Access Control - Phase 2] (https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/projects/Location+based+Access+Control+-+Phase+2) its about providing privileges based on location.
- I am known by @vankineenitawrun and IRC handle is vTawrun available on Telegram by VANKINEENI TAWRUN.
- I am very interested in the vision of the OpenMRS.
- I like Swimming, playing Badminton, and travelling around
- we can use a bot for first-time users to suggest them to follow the PR guidelines if not followed and to remove inactive(stale) PR’s.
Hi! Thank you for selecting me for GSoC 2019.
- I’m from Hyderabad, India.
- I’m almost done with my second year of computer science engineering at Keshav Memorial Institute of Technology, Hyderabad.
- In a previous GSoC project, the server code for Atlas was converted from PHP to Node, however, all the functionality couldn’t be implemented. As OpenMRS moved towards using LDAP, the PHP version of Atlas started to break. My work would be to fully deploy the Node version of Atlas and get the Atlas module working again.
- I use the IRC nicknames - sandeepkmit, heliostrike. My name on Telegram is ‘Sai Sandeep Mutyala’.
- When I first started contributing to OpenMRS, I was really attracted to the number of different projects/workflows there were, like android, web, module development. Also, the green checks after making a working PR are really rewarding. I really enjoyed the collaboration aspect of open source.
- I can solve Rubik’s cubes until 5x5x5, and can voluntarily control my ears a little.
- My contributions to open source started with OpenMRS.
- It needs no introduction but vscode(along with command line) is really convenient for development. The code search feature really helped me understand the OpenMRS codebase.
Thanks to everyone in the OpenMRS community involved in making my selection into GSoC 2019 possible! And congratulations to all fellow students on getting selected into this amazing opportunity to learn & grow!
Hi, I’m Rishav Rakshit from Gurgaon, India!
I’m currently a senior undergraduate student in the CSE Department at Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology (SMIT).
My mentors are the wonderful @maimoonak and @judeniroshan and we shall be working on the Patient Flags Module OWA .
- The project involves the development of a simple yet effective open web app (OWA) to the pre-existing Patient Flags Module using ReactJS and focuses on usability and robustness while maintaining the standards of the Reference Application. [OpenMRS Talk Thread]
My Telegram nickname is rakshir1. I’m also available on Skype at live:rishavrakshit_1
What interests me about OpenMRS - We have the desire to impact the lives of people whom the corporate medical industry forgot about.The OpenMRS community not only writes code, but also has taken the initiative to save lives - even those without deep pockets.
Interesting Fact: I’m a huge machine and deep learning buff and recently developed a software that can detect violence in CCTV footage and alert law enforcement authorities. [Project DeepView] So if you wanna have a chat about ML, I’m all game!
Previous open source contributions - I’ve previously been attached to the Mozilla Foundation and used to run a Mozilla Campus Club. However, OpenMRS is my first venture into coding for an open source organization!
Apart from loving ML, I’m also a fan of clean UI design. Hence I would like to introduce (and plan to extensively use) the Pencil prototyping tool for developing UI mockups before development
Looking forward to a great experience with the community!
Hi Everyone! Congratulations to everyone for being selected into GSOC19 and getting an opportunity to work with this amazing organisation.
- I am Deepak Prasad form Dhanbad, India.
- I am a final year undergrad pursuing B.Tech from Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata.
- I will be working on the Android Client v2.8 for OpenMRS under the amazing supervision of @f4ww4z and @csmuthukuda . Our primary goals are adding a Provider Module, revamp the UI, add Security enhancement and Analytics to the app.
- My IRC is @deepak140596 and @Deepak_Prasad on Telegram.
- I like stargazing a lot. One of the biggest moment of my life was seeing Saturn through my telescope with its shadow falling on its rings. No wonder why Saturn is called the Crown Jewel of the Solar System.
- I started my contributions with OpenMRS.
Looking for a great summer and enriching experience with the community!
Hello everyone, Thank you for selecting me for GSoC 2019 and Congratulations to all fellow participants
- My name is Haripriya, I am from Hyderabad,India
- I am currently enrolled as a sophomore in Computer Science Engineering at Keshav Memorial Institute Of Technology, Hyderabad.
- Condition list is a list of diagnoses, symptoms, or findings that are being tracked over time (i.e. across encounters).The basic framework of the condition list project has already been completed but there is a lot of scope for improvement before the project can be deployed for production. The main objective is, to replenish the project, fix bugs and engage more functionality to it for better user experience.
- My IRC nickname is haripriya
- I love working with OpenMRS as I find the community to be very supportive. I was initially inspired by its motto “Write code,Save lives” . I have a new-found respect for this community as everyone helps each other grow selflessly while contributing to this organisation.
- I love to spend my free time swimming, skating and playing keyboard. I love to put my imagination into picture through my drawings. When it comes to sports, I play badminton and table tennis.
- This is the first time I am contributing to an open source organisation and I have never thought this would be so engaging and delightful.
- I prefer using VS Code for the features it provides.
Looking forward to carry a whole new experience from this platform
Hello everyone! A big congrats to all the selected participants. Here is a brief Introduction about me.
- Myself Rohan Sharma and I am from New Delhi, India.
- I am a second year undergrad student pursuing Computer Science at Delhi Technological University, New Delhi.
- My mentors are @isears and @levine and I will be working on developing the Nigeria Telemedicine from scratch and get it to production by the end of the summer.
- I go by the name codepoet2017390 at most platforms and my Telegram username is codepoet2017390. I a also available on Google hangouts via id firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Something that interests me about OpenMRS is the amazing community interaction that exists in this organisation between students, mentors, developers and Implementers.
- I love lawn tennis and I love coding while listening to an ongoing match’s commentary.
- I have previously contributed to Fossasiaa and Mifos Initiative.
Looking forward to a great summer ahead with the OpenMRS community.
Hi! Very excited to be part of GSoC 2019 with you guys. Thank you for giving me this chance.
- I’m Stanila Andrei, from Romania
2.I’m first year at University Politehnica Bucharest.
- My project is about building a new UI for attachment module .
- My IRC is @andu033.
- I’m interested by the fact that computer science can save lives and OpenMRS proves that.
- I like algoritmic competition and swimming .
- Participated in opensource Hackatlons , great networking and learning.
- Vs code and maybe some newer frameworks like redux if it is the case.
Hi All! Congrats All for getting selected
- I’m Ayeshmantha Perera,I’m from Sri Lanka , Am studying my Msc in Information Technology at SLIIT University Sri Lanka
- My Project is Bootstrap as a foundation for Reference Application UI Project
- My Mentors are Juliet WamalwaStephen S. Musoke
- Would like to learn new technologies
Hi everyone, I am grateful for this opportunity to be a part of Google Summer of Code 2019 with OpenMRS and I look forward to writing code all summer for this organization. Below is a brief introduction of myself.
- My names are Ryan Tendonge, I am from Cameroon, West Africa, currently in the USA for a few months.
- I am in my final year of my undergraduate university studies, studying Computer Engineering in the University of Buea, Cameroon.
- My GSOC project involved building a user interface for the password reset feature that was introduced in GSOC 2018, and also making a couple of modifications to that feature.
- My IRC nickname is Ryan97
- My main interests and fascinations about OpenMRS is its community interaction. There’s always someone a click away who’s willing to go out of their way to help you.
- One fun fact about myself is I enrolled into Computer Engineering by mistake😅. But I have grown to love it and it has been an integral part of my life over the past years. For leisure I love soccer, video games and swimming.
- I wrote tests for the PatientService class, and also the MessageService class, in order to increase their coverage and ensure the code works properly.
Hello everyone, Thanks for giving me an opportunity to be the part of OpenMRS and Congratulations to all fellow participants
My name is Rushikesh Chaudhari, I’m from Mumbai, India.
I’m 3rd year student pursuing BE in Computer Engineering from Mumbai University.
I will be working on Patient Search Criteria under the mentorship of @k.joseph and @herbert24 sir.
My Telegram nickname is “Rushi Chaudhari” and on talk @rushikesh
What interests me about OpenMRS: Contribution of OpenMRS in the medical field is marvelous. It actually utilizes the coding knowledge for human benefit.
I like to spend my free time in the Gym
This is the first time for me to contribute for any open source and I’m looking forward to a great summer with OpenMRS.
I am glad to be working with OpenMRS during GSoC for the second time, the first being back in 2017.
My name is Reuben Varghese and I am from Mumbai, India.
I am a senior year undergrad( CSE) at VIT University. This fall, I will be joining NYU for my masters in cs.
I will be working on the OpenMRS AddOns project. AddOns is the official module index for OpenMRS. You may find the project hosted here. During the GSoC phase, we have a bunch of improvements lined up that need to implemented.
I go by the handle : reubenv on OpenMRS Talk, Telegram and IRC.
My github handle is reubenvarghese1
I was greatly attracted to OpenMRS back in 2016 due to the impact of the work being done, the warmth and welcoming nature of the community and the organized manner in which the community functions. It is often times hard for an open source community of this size to operate with such coherence.
For the past few years, I have spent my free time contributing to openmrs, playing badminton or just travelling. I love travelling!
My open source contributions have primarily been to AddOns. You may find the same here
Like the most of us here, I am surrounded by some amazing products of Open source. The most prominent one in my opinion would be the linux os. It is a beautiful example of the wonders that we developers are capable of when working on a project out of our passion. Another great example would be Git. Most of this is already extensively used by OpenMRS so unfortunately there’s nothing new there
I take this opportunity to also welcome my fellow members and I look forward to working with you all this summer. I also apologize to @suthagar23, @irenyak1 and to you all for delaying this introduction for so long!
Hi Guys! I am very excited to be part of OpenMRS.
My name is Mithilesh Kohale, i’m from Nagpur City in India.
I am a pre-final yearite majoring in BioSciences & BioEngeneering, studying at the Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati.
I will working on the openmrs-react-components reposity under the mentorship of @judeniroshan.
My IRC is @beingtmk.
After checking out all the other organizations in GSoC, I’ve come to believe that OpenMRS is a very mature organization, and that i am aligned with its mission.
I do not have any formal educaton in Computer Science, but still find the field very interesting & these days you can learn anything online,
I have explored Web Development, App Development & Machine Learning.
I am fairly new to Open Source, so there has been only two repositories that i have been contributing, one being that of OpenMRS and other being that of Universal Apollo Starter Kit.
Most of my projects have been Web Development related where i had used ReactJS, ExpressJS, Django & Apollo GraphQL to name some, I know some App Development with React Native, & I had explored a lot of Data Analysis & Machine Learning with Scipy/Tensorflow for college related activities.
Sincerely sorry for the delay,