GSoC 2019 : OpenMRS has been accepted as a mentoring organization

Hi all,

I’m very happy to announce that, once again, we have been accepted as a mentoring organization for Google Summer of Code - 2019 :star_struck:. Thanks to everyone who worked for the application process, and mentor requirements.

GSoC Organization Page : Google Summer of Code

Further, the upcoming deadlines for GSoC 2019 are,

• 25 March - 06 April : Student Application Period
  • 27 May - 26 August: Coding
  • 24 -28 June: Mentors and students submit Phase I evaluations
  • 22- 26 July: Mentors and students submit Phase II evaluations
  • 26 August - 02 September: Mentors final evaluations

For more information on project timelines and expectations for primary and backup mentors , please refer to the OpenMRS GSoC 2019 wiki page . The wiki page will be updated with the list of projects and mentors as they are identified.

GSoC Project List

Project List : Summer Of Code 2019 - Resources - OpenMRS Wiki

Warm up practices for students: GSoC 2019: Warm up practices for students - #33 by abdelaty

Thanks & Regards,

Suthagar

13 Likes

Well done @suthagar23 and others who prepared the application and project ideas! :openmrs:

Hello! I am Rimjhim Bhadani, a third year B.Tech undergrad from India. I am a fan of open source development and work primarily on android projects. I had been a GSoC18 student and GCI18 and GCI17 mentor. I want to work with the community for GSoC19. I am interested in OpenMRS Android Client. I hope to have a great time here!

Congratulations, I’m very excited to start working on this ideas. can’t wait till it begins :smiley:

Welcome @rimjhim & @abdelaty to the OpenMRS. Please go through GSoC 2019 : Warm up practices for students and prepare you for the development :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you @suthagar23!

@suthagar23 Are there talk channels for projects? Like, suppose if I face an issue in building the project or need any clarification, where should I talk about it to the project mentors and other contributors?

You can use any of our communication platforms (Talk forum - where you can get input from otheres, IRC chat, and mentors - by any platform which is most suitable for both of you)

1 Like

Thank You @suthagar23 for letting me know. :slight_smile:

Hi! I am Kanika Aggarwal from Computer Science department . Recently I was going through your organization 's idea view list and I am really excited for Nigeria Telemedicine App project . I have very nice ideas regarding the project .

Welcome to the community. Kindly click here to get started.

@suthagar23 due to the poor code review culture that we currently have, am suggesting that just as we require GSoC applicants to have done some tickets, can we also require them to have done some code reviews?

1 Like

@suthagar23 I am interested to work on the Idea Integrate Bootstrap as Foundation for OpenMRS Reference Application . Can you please help me on how to get started? Which repository is being associated with this Idea ON GitHub?

Yes @dkayiwa, Thanks for the awesome tip :slight_smile: . I also thought to modify the proposal requirements and add some useful works there. Let me consider this when making it available for students.

Hey @vinay72, Welcome to OpenMRS and Thanks for your interest. Can you please take a look at here,

Thanks.