We have utilized the community bonding period of three weeks time to interact with the community, and getting started practices. So the next most expected period - The coding period begins today - Monday, May 27, 2019. Three phases of the coding period will continue for three months until August 26, 2019.
Students & Mentors, please be aware of this timeline for the upcoming deadlines,
May 27 : Coding begins
June 24-28 : First evaluation period - mentors evaluate students, students evaluate mentors
July 22 - 26 : Second evaluation period - mentors evaluate students, students evaluate mentors
August 19 - 26 : Students wrap up their projects and submit final evaluation of their mentor
August 26 - September 2 : Mentors submit final evaluations of students
September 3 : Students passing GSoC 2019 are announced
Instructions for Students
- Be aware of your timeline and evaluation periods- If you missed any of the deadlines, then we can’t do anything and you will be removed from the program as default.
- Each week, you will be asked to write a blog post that should contain your work during the last week, common practices, and learnings for the Open Source.
- Each week, you will be asked to fill up the weekly progress evaluations Google Form. It will be shared with you soon and will be reminded for each week. Please be aware of this as it’s a mandatory requirement during the coding period.
- You will be guided to participate in the weekly scrum meetings. I will update the schedules soon with the guidelines.
- Be active on the talk forum, talk messages and emails.
- In case of any issues or blockers in your project/timelines, please make sure to inform to your mentor and GSoC Admins (@suthagar23 & @irenyak1) as soon as possible. The late requests may be rejected based on the contents.
- Help others in the talk, and increase your visibility across the OpenMRS
Good luck students
Thanks @suthagar23 for this information.
To our students I wish you good luck in your various projects, I believe you will make it through this GSoC, just focus and don’t take days without communicating with your mentor in case you are blocked. Focus on your project so that you avoid pressure build up towards deadlines, always work strive to be in time for every task you have and you will not regret.
Like @suthagar23 said, please don’t work alone in the closet, be visible on talk and participate in the daily scrum meetings as will be further communicated .
See you at the top
Any update about the weekly progress evaluation forms…And weekly blogs
You have passed about one week of the coding period, and hope all are started and going through your path without any issues. If you have any issues, please let me know immediately.
- Please write your weekly blogs post by end of tomorrow. Keep your blogs with some useful contents, rather than mentioning tickets URLS and says - “I worked on AB-123”. Because, you are asked to write blogs which is visible to outside of the organization as well. Once they read your blog they should simply understand what you have done, what is the special of your work, and how did you solve that problem? So please spend some time on it, and make your weekly blog posts much more better.
- Once you completed your blog posts, Post it in the GSoC 2019: Student Blogs .
By the end of tomorrow (Each Monday - last day of each project) - You need to complete the given Google Form with your progress. If you missed two or more progress forms, then you will be disqualified from the program without any prior notifications. So please make it up to date.
Progress Google Form link will be shared in the message thread
Keep your good work guys !
Have there been any scrum meetings happened this week. ?
Usually we have it in 8 PM IST via IRC/Telegram in every working day (Monday - Friday). You can carry on from the next week.
Is this the link to telegram group? just a confirmation as this has a lot of spam messages.
Any Information on this .
The creator of that channel left and we were forced to create another channel. Unfortunately, nobody has privileged to edit or delete the old channel and Telegram Support doesn’t respond.
(clicking on the Telegram link on the home page of Talk should also take you to the new “Official” Telegram channel)