We have utilized the community bonding period of three weeks time to interact with the community, and getting started practices. So the next most expected period - The coding period begins today - Monday, May 27, 2019. Three phases of the coding period will continue for three months until August 26, 2019.
Students & Mentors, please be aware of this timeline for the upcoming deadlines,
- May 27 : Coding begins
- June 24-28 : First evaluation period - mentors evaluate students, students evaluate mentors
- July 22 - 26 : Second evaluation period - mentors evaluate students, students evaluate mentors
- August 19 - 26 : Students wrap up their projects and submit final evaluation of their mentor
- August 26 - September 2 : Mentors submit final evaluations of students
- September 3 : Students passing GSoC 2019 are announced
Instructions for Students
- Be aware of your timeline and evaluation periods- If you missed any of the deadlines, then we can’t do anything and you will be removed from the program as default.
- Each week, you will be asked to write a blog post that should contain your work during the last week, common practices, and learnings for the Open Source.
- Each week, you will be asked to fill up the weekly progress evaluations Google Form. It will be shared with you soon and will be reminded for each week. Please be aware of this as it’s a mandatory requirement during the coding period.
- You will be guided to participate in the weekly scrum meetings. I will update the schedules soon with the guidelines.
- Be active on the talk forum, talk messages and emails.
- In case of any issues or blockers in your project/timelines, please make sure to inform to your mentor and GSoC Admins (@suthagar23 & @irenyak1) as soon as possible. The late requests may be rejected based on the contents.
- Help others in the talk, and increase your visibility across the OpenMRS
Good luck students