GSOC 2019 : Attachments Module Enhancements

Hello @mksd, @ivange94 , my name is Tendonge Ryan, a final year computer engineering student of University of Buea, Cameroon. I have a good knowledge of Java, HTML, CSS, REST and Angular 5 and basic knowledge of python and javascript. I was accepted for gsoc 2018 with LibreHealth( whose code base is basically a modified fork of OpenMRS core) and also i work part time with PetherSolutions, a company based in Douala, Cameroon, whose Hospital Management System is built on OpenMRS core and Reference Application, so I have an extensive knowledge of OpenMRS.

Having worked with the Attachments module for a couple of months now ( for PetherSolutions), I started a thread here proposing some changes and updates to the Attachments module, mostly involving the handling of Dicom files. Also I am very much interested in adding a PDF handling functionality as that does not exist in the current version of the Attachments module as well. I would be very excited to work on this. In the mean time, I’d look into some of the issues on JIRA concerning this module.

Cheers.