GSoC 2018 - OpenMRS Android Client Discussion

Hello everyone,

Who are interested in contributing to OpenMRS Android Client are welcome to post your queries/doubts in this thread, whether it be any suggestion, any problem you’re facing or you want reviews on your project proposal.

Find more information on the project page.

@raff, @dkayiwa, @avijitghosh82 - can we rename the project to “OpenMRS Android Client 3.x”?

1 Like

Hello @shivtej and fellow OpenMRS ,

I would like to contribute to this OpenMRS android client by providing solutions to the objectives listed on the page.Can you guide me through these issues so I can start my developments.

Things I have done So far…

• Read the Getting started page and installed the OpenMRS server in my PC.
  • Tested the system on both locally and demo.openmrs.org to getting familiar with the platform.
  • Read the android client user guide to understand the native behavior of this android application.
  • Forked the Android project to my GitHub and cloned and Built it on my local Android Studio to Run it on my Android phone.
  • To access the currently available Issues section I have requested the access details from the help desk.

Thank you

@shivtej use the Edit button at the top to rename the page.

Hello @csmuthukuda,

Thank you for your interest, it is good to know that you already did the basics.

You’ll get access to Jira in some time, meanwhile, you can open pull request in Github of any issue which interests you. Make sure you leave a comment on the issue that you’re working on it or you can claim it if you have got the access.

@dkayiwa, I mean to say can we roll out a new version of Android Client?

1 Like

@shivtej i do not think i understand your question. Are you asking for permission to release? Some thing like, can i release version 1.16 of the reporting module?

@dkayiwa, yes. I’m asking for your permission to release new version of Android Client after successful completion of GSoC tasks.

@shivtej what dev stage are you? https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/RES/OpenMRS+Developer+Stages :slight_smile:

@dkayiwa, okay. Got it :smile:

Hello @shivtej,

Thank you for your kind reply.I already got the access to Jira.Currently i’m checking out the issues and will claim one to do soon.

thank you

@shivtej you have actually not got it. :slight_smile:

The reason am asking is simply because we like to empower you to do the needful. The very fact that you have volunteered to mentor this project, is reason enough to give you the necessary permissions to merge pull requests for it and release. :slight_smile:

So i ask again, what dev stage are you?

@dkayiwa, I’m at /dev/3 stage and I can assume the role of Release Manager for the project.

Thanks for giving justification and empowering me. :smiley:

@shivtej thanks for working hard enough to deserve it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all,

I’m interested in contributing to this project. I built the Android Client and went through its features.

While I was reading the android client user guide features page, I saw that there are issues with some image links. There the image doesn’t appear and the link is shown in code format in github pages.

This is because of a formatting issue in those lines in features.md and how the gitbook complies them.

@shivtej, @dkayiwa what is the procedure I should follow to make this correct ?

Thanks, @thejan for reporting the issue. You can follow these steps:

• Create an issue here: https://issues.openmrs.org/projects/AC/issues/.
  • Any mentor would verify the issue and then you can claim it.
  • Fork the OpenMRS Android User Guide repo, work on the issue and send a PR.
  • Any mentor would then review it and then it’ll be merged.

I would like to contribute to this OpenMRS android client project since I’m working as a freelancing mobile developer for 4 years (especially Android). I installed the OpenMRS server in my laptop. I also cloned the project and tested. Could you please give me a username and a password for testing purposes?

Hi @hasitha,

It is on Android Client User Guide.

Thank you!

Hi, @shivtej I am writting proposal. Could you please guide me?

1. Charts can be displayed in more elegant way. The request is somewhat abstract. Could you please provide with some details?

2. I am not sure that how much detailed implementation are expected. Please review my proposal and give me some advice.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ejcACb-Klm2oUeZOMIvs3FbhALwz4PL7igP2SIC9ziY/edit?usp=sharing

3. I do not find the forget password API so I have no idea how to implement it.

could anybody tell me which md or encryption algorithm is used for password encryption of andro client?

These blog post will be helpful for you.

[1] https://proandroiddev.com/secure-data-in-android-encryption-7eda33e68f58