GSoC 2018 - OpenMRS Android Client Discussion

Guys, do check this thread (GSoC 2018 - Tips and Questions on Student Proposals), it will help you to write better proposal.

@stonymoon, while answering your question, I want to mention that you’re allowed to suggest ideas and try new things, this is how an open source community works.

Currently, charts are very cluttered, so think of some ways of displaying them in a nice manner. Search for different solutions and write one solution in your proposal which you think is best and satisfy all the constraints.

• You should have an abstract idea of steps you would need to take to complete the tasks. You can’t obviously have complete in-depth

There is no implementation of forget password feature in OpenMRS server in my knowledge. We may need to implement client side.

BTW, I’ve reviewed your proposal. Nice work!

@smriti as of my knowledge there is no any encryption algorithm used in client side but the username and password are validated and stored in shared preferences. you can understand this my looking at OpenMRS and LoginPresenter classes

@shivtej, thanks for your kind review! I have improved my proposal according to your suggestions. :grinning:

I am trying to find a good way of displaying charts. I will try my best to add it in my proposal before the deadline.

Could you please review it again?

Should we waiting for completion of it and use it to implement forget password? https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/projects/Reset+Password+via+Email+Project

Thank you!

Submitted the proposal. :metal: Cheers. And all the best to everyone.

2 Likes

good job @karannaik I also submitted the proposal yesterday. Good luck to everyone :point_right::muscle:

1 Like

Who got selected?

It’s me @karannaik…and for those who didn’t get selected, don’t get discouraged guys…there is always a next time…and keep contributing to this awesome oraganization…:heart:

4 Likes

Congratulations Man. Hope you do well. I am also starting contributions. If you need any help, please don’t hesitate to ask. All the best.

1 Like