Google Code-in 2019 [ Week - 1 Progress ]
We successfully passed one week of the Google Code-in 2019 yesterday. As first, I would like to thank our great community for providing a great welcome to the Google Code-in students. The following are some useful statistics of the last week.
Tasks - Summary
- Total Task Count: 73
- Completed Tasks: 29
- Claimable Tasks: 44
- Total Instance Count: 878
- Total Completed: 270
- Total Abandoned: 138
- Available: 529
- Total Students: 267
- Total Students completed Tasks: 115
- Total Students with completed 5+ task: 19
- Total Students with completed 3+ tasks: 33
Key Points from the progress
- Students were very active and submitting their tasks in a short time to get the mentor’s review.
- OpenMRS Community also provided much support for the students with a great welcome during the first week to get started with their works.
- Most of our mentors committed their valuable time with Kids and gave some of the guidance in GCI/Talk/Telegram.
- Still, some of our mentors are behind in their progress. I sent an email requesting the reason for their absence and will process based on their responses.
- We are able to provide some knowledge about
- designing graphical contents, and templates
- Outreaching about Open Source, OpenMRS, etc
- documentation practices and adding ReadMe to our repositories
- Introducing quickly analysis process to the students
Improvements and Plans for next week
- We will be adding more tasks and start publishing with proper content.
- Adding more tasks in React, Java, Node.js, and GO to get started with programming
- Reaching out to the mentors and find the blockers for their absence. If they do not respond on time, We may need to remove from the contest
- Keep helping the students to complete their tasks
This is an anonymous Google form to submit your thoughts to improve this program or resolve your issues. Please feel free to submit anything here Google Code-in 2019 : OpenMRS Suggestion Anonymos Suggestion Form