GCI 2019 : Invitation to the Mentors and and open invite to join in!

Hello @suthagar23 and @tendomart, Myself Kalyan, I’m currently pursuing B.Tech ECE (3rd year) at GGSIPU, New Delhi, I would like to be a volunteer of OpenMRS as a role of mentor in GCI-19.

I’m really interested in this opportunity. Thanks for your consideration and time :slight_smile:

Hi @suthagar23 @tendomart I would like to volunteer to mentor for GCI-19 with OpenMRS. I have gone through mentor guidelines and am really excited about the opportunity.

Thanks!

1 Like

@adityasrivast @kalyan @ranjan @ashu07das @ghoshsuman845 @gaursakshi @sundaram @recursivenobbie thank you folks for showing interest in mentoring GCI with OpenMRS , we are however prioritising people who have been actively contributing to the community for some good time.

However since you joined please keep around we still need your contributions in many other ways and that increases your chances of mentoring GCI20 if we’re still around.

Thanks alot friends

Best Tendo

1 Like

Thankyou so much Sir for your motivation reply. Would love to be a part of it . Please let me know in which ways I can help you.

Regards,

SUMAN GHOSH

1 Like

Follow this link will be of help to you to get started with the community

I would like to be a mentori

Hey, I would like to volunteer as a mentor at GCI. Excited to be a part of it this year.

Hello @suthagar23 @tendomart Myself Siddhpura Karan, currently in last year of BE,an open source enthusiast.My git hub profile : https://github.com/siddhpurakaran and linked in profile : [https://in.linkedin.com/in/siddhpurakaran ] are looking forward to get a chance to contribute to open source and serve to OpenMRS.I would be a great addition to the team and would love to serve as a volunteer for GCI-19 Mentor.

Hello @suthagar23 i would like to become a mentor for GCI 2019. My academic accomplishments also upto the mark. I currently have 85% average till my 7th semester of engineering. In my college, I am also part of the Official Computer Science Department Society, which is also a reflection on my leadership, management, project, and teamwork skills. These traits will transfer to your internship position. During my 3 years as a part of NIbble Computer Society member, I take several Workshop regarding HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Git. and receive a certificate from college on successful conducting several workshops for our juniors. I love to teach students regarding different technologies and receive positive feedback from them also. I am experienced with ReactJS, NextJs, GraphQL. Also, I have 3 live projects in ReactJS. Thank you for reviewing my background in consideration for this opportunity. I would be encouraged to have the opportunity to discuss more details of my coursework, prior internship, and other experiences and please guide me to become a mentor for this google-code-in for your organization.

I am attaching my LinkedIn and Github link also.

Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kunalvishnoi/

GitHub : https://github.com/kunalvishnoi

@ghoshsuman845 please follow the link which i shared , it has a wealth of information on how you can contribute to this community.

@ask971 @shubhamkumar27 @siddhpurakaran @kunalvishnoi

please take a look at this part of the thread. Thanks alot

How to become a Mentor at OpenMRS? Would love to be part of the community.

Given that I know how bad it can get with a small mentoring team…I would have done it BEFORE I applied.

Folks, If you have just joined OpenMRS, Google Code-in is not the best way to get acquainted. The reason I stated this is that you have to understand the community, and how open source works in order to teach it to the kids. This program is immensely stressful and inexperienced mentors can add stress for the organization admins. While it is easy to just accept everyone, in my experience that doesn’t work out well.

I am not affiliated with OpenMRS much lately, just someone who knows how GCI supposed to be run.

Hi, I have been in the community for sometime now and will love to mentor for GCI. I was one of the intern for GSoC 2019 and I have some experience with open Source. I will really love to help out for GCI 2020.

@heliostrike am suprised at that , Because we would greatly need you here in over a million ways. We have tasks in

• Testing
  • Coding
  • Documenting
  • Administration
    And the list is endless. So we greatly need people like you around in the community. You could probably let us know which of the above categories youre most intrested in … cc @herbert24 @jwnasambu
1 Like

I would love to be a mentor!

Hi every one,

I would like to really thank everyone who posted their great interest to become a resource person for Google Code-in 2019. It was our great pleasure to have all of you on-boarded with OpenMRS and Open Source too.

I hope, everyone had a chance to go through the Google Code-in OpenMRS Mentor Selection Criteria. We strongly expecting your considerable contributions to OpenMRS in terms of Coding, QA, Documentation, or community management (Or any equivalent contributions) at least 2-3 months. Due to the high competition, we had to look into your other contributions and talents as well.

Unfortunately, We had a limited number of slots for the mentor ship, and we already selected about 25+ mentors. I would like thank again for your interst on this, and suggesting to invest some of your time with OpenMRS.

So what’s next…?

• Don’t give up your interest with this one, Please put some of your valuable time with OpenMRS and help us to make it better.
  • There are a lot of tickets for you, Feel free to work on those to increase your visibility among the community.
  • Read about GSoC 2019: Warm-up practices for students - Not only for GSoC Students, actually for newcomers
  • Spend some time with us and apply next year too.

Cheers everyone…!

I’m very much interested in helping the young generation to grow along with me and i think it will be a two way knowledge sharing platform to enhance and upgrade our knowledge so I hope that I will be selected as the GCI 19 mentor thankyou Open MRS.

1 Like

Want to apply for the Mentor - Hey Everyone, I am Raghav Dhingra a full-stack Web Developer and a Computer Science B.Tech student from Delhi, India. I have taken part in Google Code-in 2017 from the OpenMRS organization and was one of the top ten leaders in contribution to the community at that time. I didn’t win the competition but had a great experience in the programming world. I had really learned a lot from it. Over a span of 2 years, I have really improved my skills in Web development. So, this time with more enthusiasm, I want to contribute more to the community by becoming a mentor in Google Code-In 2019 from the OpenMRS organization.

Here is some reference link to my Github and Linkedin profile: Github: https://github.com/raghavdhingra Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/raghav-dhingra-168a41168/

Hi @suthagar23 @judeniroshan I would like to mentor in GCI. My GitHub profile: https://github.com/rob729