Failing to set up OpenMRS Server With OpenMRS SDK and Docker

Hello friends, I am trying to set up a server as per this wiki page: Set Up OpenMRS Server with OpenMRS SDK and Docker - Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki .However, I am getting a build failure as per this error log with a full debug logging: OpenMRS Server Build Failure - Pastebin.com . My goal is to set up the server with docker without installing mysql 5.6 separately as per the guide. I have endeavored to seek help from the related issues on talk but in vain. Please come to my rescue. @kdaud @k.joseph @herbert24 @dkayiwa @sharif @jwnasambu @ssmusoke

I wish I could be of help but to be honest, that is the error am also struggling with with one of the members am on-boarding especially using MSQL 8 and I will be glad to learn from other members. @settix Thanks for raising this issue again.

@settix you dont need to install mysql 5.6 separately when using docker because thats comes embedded already in the openmrs docker file ,have a look at Installing OpenMRS on Docker - Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki ,hope its of help

`

in your logs i see 1. Caused by: org.sonatype.plexus.components.sec.dispatcher.SecDispatcherException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\DELL\.m2\settings-security.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)

So clean /empty your M2/repository , otherwise always maven runs into error sometimes because of dependence incopatibility in the repository and also feel free to look into Using the Module Maven Archetype - Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki :grinning:

Share the contents of your C:\Users\DELL\.m2\settings.xml via pastebin.com

Remember to remove any username or passwords that you may have in there, before you share.

I hope thats exactly what you want , then you would run every thing in docker . Look at the Running MySQL and OpenMRS using direct docker-compose section . all the components are dockerized

If you haven’t made any adjustments to your Maven settings.xml that you care to preserve, you can probably fix the issue by running del C:\Users\DELL\.m2\settings.xml followed by mvn org.openmrs.maven.plugins:openmrs-sdk-maven-plugin:setup-sdk. Otherwise, as @dkayiwa mentioned, we’d need to see your settings.xml file.

@gcliff thanks. I am gonna clean the M2 repository and look into the link.

@mozzy thanks. That’s what I want now according to the guide. What would you advise me to do? I am gonna into the link please.

Thanks @dkayiwa and @ibacher let me get the contents and I share.

@mozzy thanks. I am going to look into the link please. Is it risky to run everything in docker? You an please advise accordingly. I am just a learner.

Ideally docker is a quicker and faster way of packaging and running applications ,

theres no any risk atleast as far as what you want to do is concerned.

@dkayiwa @ibacher Here are the contents: settings.xml contents - Pastebin.com in my C:\Users\DELL.m2\settings.xml. I am waiting for your final direction please.

@mozzy thanks for the word of courage. Let me even put in more time to get well acquainted with it.

for example all our demo/infra servers are deployed as docker containers

Oh! that’s good then. So the demo/infra servers are related to the link you game me above? It makes reference to the demo repository. I will need to know more about infra servers.

oh i was just trying to give you a real world use case for deployment using docker :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’d go with my original suggestion of running these two commands:

del C:\Users\DELL\.m2\settings.xml
mvn org.openmrs.maven.plugins:openmrs-sdk-maven-plugin:4.0.0:setup-sdk

Should fix it. The issue seems to be related to Maven 3.8.1 not liking http links for repositories any more. The version of settings.xml bundled with SDK 4.0.0 changes all our http links to https.

@ibacher thanks so much. Let me follow that direction. I will give you the outcome. I have run the commands . However, the second one: mvn org.openmrs.maven.plugins:openmrs-sdk-maven-plugin:4.0.0:setup-sdk fails and here is the full debug logging: sdk setup failure - Pastebin.com . @ibacher @dkayiwa

@ibacher I followed the directions that you suggested above, but the second command failed to execute as shown here: sdk setup failure - Pastebin.com . Please any further suggestion is very much welcome. @mozzy @gcliff @dkayiwa