FAILED TO UPGRADE FROM openmrs 1.9.8 to 2.3.2

FIRST STEP following a suggestion, I first installed a neutral openmrs 1.9.8 then upgraded to openmrs 1.11.7 then to openmrs 2.3.2 wihch is my final goal, all the steps were successfull.

SECONG STEP Then I do the same with our local openmrs 1.9.8 which contains our data. The upgrade from our openmrs 1.9.8 to openmrs 1.11.7 was successfull. But the upgrade from openmrs 1.11.7 to openmrs 2.3.2 failed. The screen show a message like :if you see this your installation was successfull but no user interface.

looking to the others discussions, this issue was solved by using java 8, but I am already using java 8 and I failled. Also with the first exercise, I reached a nice login screen with openmrs 2.3.2 and threre was no user interface message…

I really need your hep to fix this. Is there a path I can follow to upgrade openmrs 1.9.8 to openmrs 2.3.2 or another 2.x by using our openmrs 1.9.8 production database

thx

Have you included the legacyui module?

Yes but it failed also

Can you share the tomcat log via pastebin.com?

1 Like

I have done so

Can you share the pastebin link?

Sorry I am new to pastebin I’ll find out how to share the link

Thank so much for assisting

Regard JB

here is the link : FAILED TO UPGRADE FROM 1.9.8 TO 2.3.2 - Pastebin.com

Can you also upgrade the sync module? Are you able to compile it from here? GitHub - openmrs/openmrs-module-sync: Synchronizes data across multiple instances of OpenMRS

the link provided to download the sync module is not working. are you suggesting to clone github and build the sync module manually!

Yes if you can.

the sync module maven build failed: the maven build failed for the sync module - Pastebin.com

I am trying again

the same errors again with a new round of git clone

GREAT HERE IS THE RESULT FOR THE SYNC MODULE

[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] Reactor Summary for Synchronization Module 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT: [INFO] [INFO] Synchronization Module … SUCCESS [ 0.860 s] [INFO] Synchronization Module API … SUCCESS [11:25 min] [INFO] Synchronization Module OMOD … SUCCESS [01:38 min] [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] BUILD SUCCESS [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] Total time: 13:08 min [INFO] Finished at: 2020-12-29T20:46:06Z [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------

with the new sync omod in the module folder here are the new errors errors after using the new sync module from github - Pastebin.com

Add the legacyui module too.

It is now working! I can even upgrade directly from openmrs 1.9.8 to 2.3.2. Thank a lot

Hi Sir thank again for providing useful guidance that lead to a successfully upgrade to openmrs 2.3.2. I have added the reference application 2.11 add-ons but I do not have the nice localhost:8082/openmrs/referenceapplication/home.page with web features. Looking at the openmrs manage modules page, I noticed that two modules failed to start when using my organization data. my goal now is to reach the nice home page localhost:8082/openmrs/referenceapplication/home.page ! which I mean is also a added value to the upgrade !

Here is the link showing the two modules red highlighted: Pasteboard - Uploaded Image

Regard JB