Failed to setup OpenMRS instance

(JONATHAN AJAL ODORA) #1

Hello

I have been having a hard time trying to setup the Openmrs server to do some localhost. Here is my pastebin log https://pastebin.com/JGLZzzmS any problem with it, I have been thinking the problem is with the mysql I installed am not so sure about it though, any solutions please thank you. @dkayiwa @herbert24 @samuel34 @georgejr

(Daniel Kayiwa) #2

Are you able to connect to your MySQL instance using the MySQL Command Line client or any MySQL GUI?

(JONATHAN AJAL ODORA) #3

Am not sure I get you there but when i installed the mysql I got this

So I am not sure whats not happening.

(Daniel Kayiwa) #4

Can you uninstall that version of MySQL and then install a lower version like 5.7?

(JONATHAN AJAL ODORA) #5

let me try that

(Herbert Yiga) #6

when i look at your logs, i found out that you could be connecting to a wrong database because as here jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/@DBNAME@ .what is your database name??

(JONATHAN AJAL ODORA) #7

thanks @herbert24 am actually trying to correct that, am downloading and setting up new installer because i got a wrong thing the last time

(Herbert Yiga) #8

okie then don’t for get to use the correct port number ,password for root and db name

(JONATHAN AJAL ODORA) #9

would using default have a problem?

(Herbert Yiga) #10

first try out and see

(JONATHAN AJAL ODORA) #11

When I downloaded 5.7, there was an automatic upgrade to 8.0 and when I decided to reject this action, but it totally failed to install so is it wrong to have 8.0 running anyway?

(Daniel Kayiwa) #12

You cannot have an automatic upgrade without your setting it. Just remove 8 and install 5.7

(JONATHAN AJAL ODORA) #13

Man, I have been trying to avoid the update but when i do that I can’t go on take note of when I check and uncheck the boxes, I can’t get to next

(Daniel Kayiwa) #14

That means you did not completely uninstall all MySQL products.

(JONATHAN AJAL ODORA) #15

yes you are right that’s why I have been going through the machine step by step. I think I did some messy job here but am almost done with it though

(JONATHAN AJAL ODORA) #16

I have finally installed mysql57 running although I think am not feeling in this, the necessary requirements to setup the server rightly as seen here https://pastebin.com/BuDBrfFt any help on that please.

(Daniel Kayiwa) #17

Are you able to connect to your MySQL Service using any GUI or MySQL Command Line Client?

(JONATHAN AJAL ODORA) #18

yea I can connect to the command line client

(Herbert Yiga) #19

can you create a database using command line!

(Daniel Kayiwa) #20

And for the command line client, are you entering a password?