Failed to execute goal org.openmrs.maven.plugins:openmrs-sdk-maven-pluginFailed to execute goal org.openmrs.maven.plugins:openmrs-sdk-maven-plugin

same issue persists

ok are you able to join a quick call now,i can use slack

Its fineā€¦ let me get to slack now

1 Like

hello have failed to install maven on my windows 10, whenever i reach out the maven website i get timeout error

@ndacyayisenga were you able to overcome the issue and things are now well ?

@kdaud not really

@ndacyayisenga for the server that is running the screen that you posted, can you paste the log file contents at https://pastebin.com/ ?

Kindly share the entire error logs on your terminal using pastebin.com/

To me me the logs are like am missing the RuntimePropertiesFile yet I have it. cc @kdaud @jwnasambu

@ndacyayisenga are you sure you have shared the full log report ?

@kdaud here it is ndacyayisenga@ndacyayisenga-ThinkPad-S5-S540:~$ mvn openmrs-sdk:run[INFO] Scan - Pastebin.com

Kindly the likely causes for why it cannot connect are:

1. MySQL isnā€™t running
  2. MySQL isnā€™t running on port 3306
  3. Your MySQL instance isnā€™t configured to allow the root user to login with a user name and password (this is common on many Linux-distro versions of MySQL)
  4. The user name and password are incorrect

To get clear information run mvn openmrs-sdk:setup -e .

Also look at the conversion on this link Why the SDK can not find this plugin - #29 by ibacher

From the shared log file the issue is being cited out by the hint:

Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.

@ndacyayisenga if you are running a unix system (lniux distro) then most likely db server is encrypted and attempt to connect to the server is restricted by default.

As running sudo chmod 777 /db dirctory may help But its potentially a security issue, so its better to setup Docker to either run in rootless mode or, at the very least, setup a group to access it.

The issue is that if the Docker daemon is running as root, then setting the permissions to 777 (allow read + write by everyone) essentially means that anyone can execute Docker commandsā€¦

@ndacyayisenga So, the underlying issue here seems to be this:

Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: No appropriate protocol (protocol is disabled or cipher suites are inappropriate)

The MySQL Connector/J documentation suggests that you might need to add &enabledTLSProtocols=TLSv1.2 to the end of the dbUrl property of your connection.url setting in openmrs-server.properties (or openmrs-runtime.properties if that exists).

What version of Java and MySQL are you using?

1 Like

@ibacher the problem to the database was solved but now this comes in again

@kdaud here they are ndacyayisenga@ndacyayisenga-ThinkPad-S5-S540:~$ mvn openmrs-sdk:run[INFO] Scan - Pastebin.com

cc @herbert24 @jwnasambu @sharif

@ndacyayisenga i want to get some time and test the current installation at my side

1 Like

Have just taken trouble to investigate the current installation setup that is being downloaded from our maven repo when setting up the sdk locally and have realized that the issue is not coming from the client side But rather from our remote maven repos.

All the versions which ever is selected for Distribution installation result into the same UI as shared by @ndacyayisenga and this might be a bug or something concerned with the latest maven update for sdk.

cc: @herbert24 @ibacher @dkayiwa @mksd @mozzy

2 Likes

thanks @kdaud for the quick peek

@ndacyayisenga That log is still showing the same database errors. Do you have an updated log?

Seems rather unlikely since @ndacyayisenga screenshot shows the SDK downlooaded all the correct modules.

Basically, the way the SDK creates a server follows this process:

1. Get the server name and create a directory for it
  2. Prompt for version to install
  3. Download the JAR file corresponding to the distribution selected and extract the openmrs-distro.properties file from it
  4. Install the OMODs, OWAs and ESMs specified in the openmrs-distro.properties file
  5. Create the (empty) database

So if the OMODs and OWAs are already downloaded, things should work.

This is why itā€™s critical to have the logs to see what the failure actually is, i.e., why the UI isnā€™t getting started. The log @ndacyayisenga presented shows a problem connecting to the database which results in OpenMRS not launching properly.

Hey @ibacher have taken trouble to try out the sdk installation and when starting the server UI is the same as shared by @ndacyayisenga though the server side does not give any bad report.