Failed to execute goal org.openmrs.maven.plugins:openmrs-sdk-maven-pluginFailed to execute goal org.openmrs.maven.plugins:openmrs-sdk-maven-plugin

@kdaud That’s pretty confusing. I just setup a new server for RefApp 2.12.0-SNAPSHOT locally using version 4.1.1 of the SDK using JDK 11, Maven 3.8.1, and MySQL 5.6 (albeit installed in a Docker container) and it works for me. Here are the inputs I used to create the server.

1 Like

Even @dkayiwa also confirmed his is working pretty well during the PM call.

Not sure why the sdk set up is failing on my side even after switching from jdk 8 to 11.

@jwnasambu do you mind to try out setting a new sdk instance otherwise I could be reporting something non-existing ?

@herbert24 any report from the use case below!

Right away!

1 Like

Generally I’d favour JDK 8 over 11, but I think the message in @ndacyayisenga’s log indicated he was possibly using a newer version of Java (the default TLS supported versions have changed).

This is @kdaud once again. My report before was not clear! Here is the report corrections: The sdk installation works pretty well but the issue is when starting up the server, it starts well but when you log http://localhost:8080/openmrs into the browser, the installation ends up on the ui below!

Here is the server logs with all the steps followed when setting up the instance.

I have created a new SDK instance (RefApp 2.12-snapshort) and everything is running pretty well.

If you are running this openmrs version on java 11 its a must it will fail because 2.3.2 supports java 8.

@jwnasambu can’t really know what games the sdk is playing but am using java 8. I was tryin to find out whats happening and tried java 11 on 2.4 but i got the same issue. I also tried mysql 8 on 2.4 but still got the same results

cc @kdaud @ibacher @dkayiwa

@kdaud did you try to simulate this on windows and see what happens?

During the SDK wizard steps, are you choosing Platform or Distribution?

@dkayiwa Distribution

Can you share the full log?

@dkayiwa there it is ndacyayisenga@ndacyayisenga-ThinkPad-S5-S540:~$ mvn openmrs-sdk:run[INFO] Scan - Pastebin.com

Run the sdk setup again and share the full log.

@dkayiwa here it is logs - Pastebin.com

after running the server runlogs - Pastebin.com but I still cant access the user interfaace in the browser

What does this mean?

@dkayiwa this yet I have all the modules responsible for the ui installed

The last logs that you sent were incomplete.

@dkayiwa this this - Pastebin.com

@ndacyayisenga It looks like you’ve configured your JAVA_HOME environment variable to point to the JRE included in the JDK rather than the JDK itself. Would you be able to try installing a new server and when it comes to selecting the JDK version, select “Other…” and use /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/ as the path (please confirm that there’s a /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/bin/java and /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/bin/javac).

@kdaud This may also be your issue? (Thanks for the detailed information)

2 Likes