Fail - WAR File "openmrs.war" already exists in the server

Hi all,

How can I get myself out of this. I had tried endlessly to deploy openmrs using tomcat6 web app. Finally I got the message that it already exists on the server.

When I try to access localhost:8080/openmrs - I get the HTTP Status 503 error - application is not currently available

HTTP Status 503 - This application is not currently available

type Status report

message This application is not currently available

description The requested service is not currently available.

Apache Tomcat/6.0.39

Anyone who can help me move from here?

I followed instructions from this site - https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Step+5+-+Deploy+OpenMRS and

Liz

I uninstalled tomcat6 and installed tomcat7 - resolved it.

Best, Liz

1 Like

this was meaning that you were trying to upload the war file more than one time

1 Like

Thanks Herbet. I am having to setup the environment again. Would you kindly advice me how to go about my query here: Unable to start openmrs after deploying on tomcat

i would like to set up a fresh environment.

For the openmrs.war file, platform 2.2.0, released on 21st March 2019, size 98.4MB, what version of ubuntu server should i use? What version of java and what version of tomcat should I install?

I didn’t find this information in the release notes. Thanks.

are you running on ubuntu now,which version is that?i find ubuntu 16.04 and above more stable

I was running on Ubuntu 14. I will now set up using Ubuntu 16. How about Java. Which version of Java should I use?

install openjdk 8 which comes with version strings as 1.8 or 1.8.0 or some similar extension starting with 1.8…,and tomcat 8 then mysql use 5.6

Thanks. On it. I will share updates within the day

that sounds great !!

I guess @herbert24 is also running on ubuntu

While deploying OpenMRS.war, I have stalled again. Have a look at the logs here - sudo tail -f /var/log/tomcat8/catalina.outNov 01, 2019 11:10:42 AM org.apache. - Pastebin.com

here is the error message i am getting

Hi all, just an update - I was able to resolve this. I increased the max file size and was able to deploy OpenMRS. Now configuring OpenMRS. Thank you @herbert24

2 Likes