[ERROR] Register new OpenMRS ID returns HTTP 500

Hi there, I’m running a workshop at the end of May 2017. Some participants tried to register a new OpenMRS Id which always failed with following HTTP 500 error. The same happened to me, when I tried it a few minutes ago. Can anyone give me a hand? Thanks, tobi

LDAPError Timeout Error at Object. (/opt/id/node_modules/LDAP/LDAP.js:16:23) at Module._compile (module.js:456:26) at Object.Module._extensions…js (module.js:474:10) at Module.load (module.js:356:32) at Function.Module._load (module.js:312:12) at Module.require (module.js:364:17) at require (module.js:380:17) at Object. (/opt/id/app/ldap.js:16:18) at Module._compile (module.js:456:26) at Object.Module._extensions…js (module.js:474:10)

Try again. Sometimes the system load is high and OpenLDAP doesn’t respond in time.

Also helpdesk is a better place to post this.

Thanks for the quick answer, Robby.

Should I still open an issue at the helpdesk for people to investigate or is the current behaviour acceptable?

@tobivogel if anyone is unable to create an OpenMRS ID at any point, then they should create a helpdesk ticket, and someone on the infra team will ensure the account is manually created.

And in general, if any OpenMRS service is not behaving as expected, you can open a helpdesk ticket. I.e. no, it’s not “acceptable”, although it’s a known issue at the moment. (I assume that the new version of id.openmrs.org that is being tested should resolve this, but I don’t actually know that.)

Actually no – I ran into the same issue during my own testing…I’m not sure what caused it to be honest…esp. considering nothing is running on that server to my knowledge…what will be better is we won’t be throwing stacktraces at users.