Developing the "OCL for OpenMRS" Application

Hello @paynejd, with regards the above issue, did you manage to add these map types?

I would like to thank the @andela team for the graet work your doing here. As part of the Reff App 2.10 Roadmap Features, We would like to include the OCL into reference application 2.10.which is sheduled late this August 2019. I and @c.antwi would like to engage with the team leaders for this ,so that we can be able to align up the activities here with the ref-app 2.10 release process activities
cc @maurya @paynejd @darius

Looking forward to work with you guys

Best Regards
Mutesasira Moses
Reference Application 2.10 Release Manager

1 Like

Hi all, we would like some clarity on the intended functionality of the OCL subscription when a concept is updated and a new version of a collection is released. My impression would be that it would update the local concept with the new details of the update, based on the unique id. Is this correct?

Currently, all existing concepts are rejected because they are judged to have the same names (that’s if you updated something that was not the name e.g mappings). If you update the name itself, this error is thrown

This is clearly a bug in the subscription module. I would have presumed that someone had already tested that case, but maybe something is different about the concepts we are creating in our application versus the CIEL concepts.

Can you please:

1. Share the error message when you edit the name
  2. Give precise steps for some OpenMRS developer to reproduce and debug this

Hello Community,

We shall be having our weekly sync at 15:00 hours UTC today. I will place a reminder and link to the call at 14:00 hours, UTC

cc: @dkayiwa @karuhanga @danuluma @darius @akanter @alexkayabula @paynejd @c.antwi

1 Like
  1. Log on pastebin

2. Steps to reproduce

• Create a collection and add a concept using OCL
  • Release a collection version
  • Copy the subscription url(minus the version number) and use it in OpenMRS
  • Perform an import
  • Update the name of the concept in the same collection
  • Release another version
  • Perform the import again

Hello Community,

Here is the link to today’s sync.

cc: @akanter @darius @c.antwi @paynejd @dkayiwa @danuluma @karuhanga @alexkayabula

Hi all, I’m joining the call late but it appears that it has already ended?

Hey @paynejd, the call will be starting in the next 35min

Ah, I have a conflict then, though will try to join at the end. Would it be possible to share a recurring calendar invitation for this meeting that had the call-in information?

I would need your email to add you to the list, do you mind sharing it with me?

Hello Community, these are the notes and link to the demo call.

MVP

1. Rename the title of Sets to Set Members when creating a concept
  2. Enable a search functionality while creating/editing amapping for a custom concept
  3. Create a talk post with a summary of all issues that need backend fixes

@karuhanga, someone can actually reproduce this by reusing an OCL dictionary that you’ve already created and released 2 versions of, right? Can you rephrase the steps to reproduce this way? (Make sure to use qa, not demo, since demo is reset all the time.)

@mozzy, the Andela folks you see participating on this thread are developers, doing an apprenticeship. @dkayiwa and I are the leads from the OpenMRS perspective. So probably you should engage/align through Daniel and I.

1 Like

thanks @darius for the information. i should arrange a little discussion with you and @c.antwi

Unfortunately no @darius . Importing a specific published version of a collection is not currently possible and all imports currently have been using a non versioned(latest) url hence the need for this particular flow.
This is still an open issue(here).

PS. The mappings issue mentioned in the call indeed came from us providing incorrect data to the endpoint.

Its not really clear to me what error is actually being thrown. The subscription module is not supposed to overwrite or touch concepts which have not changed. Therefore, anything that modifies meta data on a concept, or changes the concept’s maps would automatically be considered a change and require updating. It looks like it is only determining duplicates based on the name alone? I can’t believe that wasn’t identified before…

Hello @Darius, the only issue that currently needs a back end fix has to do with custom validation. The custom validation is missing a few map types, for example, Q-AND-A and CONCEPT-SET. Further details on this can be found here

cc: @paynejd

This has now been addressed and those two types were added to the file that is used to populate these types.

Noted, thanx