Criteria to determine "optimal" location for upcoming Implementer's Meetings

Hi all, this is a placeholder to remind myself to throw out a strawman of the attributes that we’d use to differentiate potential candidates for upcoming OpenMRS meetings.

In short, we anticipate receiving 2-4 formal requests from countries/MOHs to host the next OpenMRS Implementer’s Meeting. We will need to discern between those through some set of structured criteria.

This is for discussion on the 1/26 leadership call.

2 Likes
  • Underserved environment
  • Commitment to OpenMRS as a network, regional, or country level platform for patient-level record keeping (ideally, this commitment would come directly from a country’s MOH or top health leadership)
  • Strong local hosting organization with an ability to engage local resources / sponsorship
  • Willingness to host OpenMRS clinical site visits
  • Significant local OpenMRS community activity (ie, presence of regional community within country, hackathons, longstanding community membership, etc)
  • Country helps support long term strategic interests of the OpenMRS community
  • Easy commuting access (ie, good international airport, liberal visa policies)
  • Travel and hotel infrastructure suitable to host the meeting

I would consider:

add “, network” to “regional or country level” - sometimes a large implementer can drive significant progress. add “Ideally a commitment by Ministry of Health or other governmental body” combine two of your bullets “Strong hosting organization able to engage local resources/sponsorship.” add “Travel and hotel infrastructure suitable to host the OpenMRS meeting”

1 Like

I see you’re editing at the same time I am, so I’ll hold off for a bit!

should we create a “selection criteria” document in a “conference planning packet” folder on Google Drive? I think a good start would be to edit this thread into that document and open it for further comment/additions

if no objection, AND if I can remember to get to it, I’ll go ahead and do that.

is there already a folder organization on GD which I should use?

please do that; it sounds wonderful

Here’s a doc for easier subsequent group edits.

Suggested process at the bottom - for now let’s just see if this list can be expanded, that the criteria are non-overlapping, etc.

Bill

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bx37qbn7SXUJ4cPRPE80tes_O_TEi2Z41GIL6lv01Ic/edit

FWIW, here are the finalized criteria.