Core Apps patient page look and feel different on desktop browsers

Agree with @dkayiwa! And unfortunately this will need to be sooner rather than later… we are doing fine running on the most-recently released versions of Core Apps, etc, but these are modules we develop on frequently so we will need to upgrade to one or more of them sooner rather than later I suspect.

Take care, Mark

1 Like

Ah just saw the new thread about this, and that things are underway. Sorry I missed that before responding, thanks @mozzy and others!

1 Like

Hi @ayesh

Did you get time and looked into the above issue?? My early findings are it was as a result of upgrading the bootstrap version? Did you actually look into this??

1 Like

Hi @samuel34

What is the issue again :hushed:. I addressed all the issues in the thread if am right.

1 Like

The issue was reported by @mksd here: Core Apps patient page look and feel different on desktop browsers

Checkout this form in view mode: https://qa-refapp.openmrs.org/openmrs/htmlformentryui/htmlform/viewEncounterWithHtmlForm.page?patient=56&encounter=608&

1 Like

Hi @samuel34 Yes I worked on them prs were sent but not meeged yet I think

2 Likes

Can you direct me to this specific PR(I mean the PR meant to fix the above issue)?

1 Like

@samuel34 , that seems to have been fixed here https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-module-coreapps/pull/248.

can you test the qa-server and confirm ??

1 Like

Hi @ssmusoke @mozzy @herbert24

What is the status of the bug fixes Sorry I was out for Sri Lanka didnt get much time to involve. I still see some PR’s open can we merge them and complete the work I will start working on few left isues as well

2 Likes

Oh ya ,Thanks @ayesh , i requested @mksd to merge them .

Hi @mozzy

Btw @herbert24 was testing it any idea about testing ?

@ayesh and @mozzy, this one is still current: Core Apps patient page look and feel different on desktop browsers

In short, the delete button is broken in view mode. Could you guys look into it?

1 Like

Hi @mksd Sure will look in to that sorry for the late reply

1 Like

Hi @ayesh, have you had a chance to look into it? As in, the delete button in view mode, see here.

Also it seems that there is an issue with the obs across encounters dashboard widget that just overflows:

This happens on QA Ref App but not on the demo, hinting at Bootstrap again. It would be great if you could check that one out too.

You can reproduce the above on QA Ref App by adding here the app definition pasted below:

{
  "id": "coreapps.obsAcrossEncounters.2",
  "instanceOf": "coreapps.template.dashboardWidget",
  "description": "foobar description",
  "order": 1,
  "config": {
    "widget": "obsacrossencounters",
    "icon": "icon-user-md",
    "label": "foobar",
    "concepts": "5242AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, 5087AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, 5088AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, 5089AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, 5090AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA",
    "maxRecords": "5"
  },
  "extensions": [
    {
      "id": "org.openmrs.module.coreapps.mostRecentVitals.clinicianDashboardFirstColumn",
      "appId": "coreapps.obsAcrossEncounters.2",
      "extensionPointId": "patientDashboard.firstColumnFragments",
      "extensionParams": {
        "provider": "coreapps",
        "fragment": "dashboardwidgets/dashboardWidget"
      }
    }
  ]
}

Cc @jesplana @ruhanga @mogoodrich

Btw, @mogoodrich and @ssmusoke, do you see those empty columns that are beeing added? I haven’t investigated that part yet but clearly that’s weird:

2 Likes

Here at PIH, we just deployed the latest coreapps SNAPSHOT to our test servers and the clinicianfacing dashboard now shows flat as just one column. I see at the top of this thread that this was one of the first issues you encountered. Can you please let us know what is the fix for this issue? I could not find the ticket and PR that indicates how you fixed this one column view. Thanks.

cc @ayesh , did we fix this ??

cc @ayesh , any updates from you ??

For the record I just tried on QA Ref App and the first issue that I described here above is solved.

The second one (the extra unwanted columns in the obs across encounters widget) not, @samuel34 will look into it, this is most likely not related to Bootstrap anyway.

Hi @mozzy and @ayesh,

I have tested out this from the QA server and issue persists, meaning it was possibly never fixed. The quoted below is the issue I’m talking about!

See demonstration below:

demostrating-broken-delete-button

Do you see the overlay grey screen? It blocks user input hence disabling the ‘Delete’ operation.

Thank you @samuel34 for bringing up this problem again. Here, at PIH we are seeing the this problem in a few different pages. So far, the only major difference I could find between the clinicianfacing page, where the modal dialog works and the other pages where the modal is not working is that a newer jquery-3.4.1 library is included:

I suspect that there is a clash of so many different versions of the jquery library which are included from so many headers and pages across many modules.

2 Likes