Core Apps patient page look and feel different on desktop browsers

Hi @dkayiwa

Yeah I will change it to the old style.I also think the old one is much nicer will do it daniel :crossed_fingers:t5:

@ayesh I am following up on whether you have been able to make the changes

@ruhanga @mksd I am checking in whether you are still running into any issues

1 Like

Not much currently except for the view where the button labels are magnified visible at https://qa-refapp.openmrs.org/openmrs/coreapps/datamanagement/dataManagement.page

1 Like

@ssmusoke @ruhanga

Here is the fix for the registration page.

Btw @dkayiwa @ruhanga @ssmusoke

I got some time to attend the issues

And @dkayiwa as mentioned reverted back to old style

@ruhanga fixed the issue on data management page.

@ssmusoke PR’s

Hi @ayesh, thanks for the fixes. Looks like we may have to touch the htmlformentryui module to resolve the similar issue below on the icon-ok width. Visible here while capturing vitals.

1 Like

@ruhanga

got it will fix later today for sure.Sorry am traveling back will make sure it will be there by tomo

@ssmusoke @ruhanga

Fix for the above issue

@ayesh allow me to ask a strange question. :smile:

I have seen a huge number of pull requests fly around to fix these display issues. And surely, there are yet more to come, even in others outside the commonly used reference application modules. Can you remind me, what is the motivation for going through all this pain? Is it worth it?

@dkayiwa, @ssmusoke

So to answer this question.The motivation was to make sure the ref application work with latest bootstrap 4.0 module and make it mobile responsive.

As we know there are lot of modules which even not touched development after 2013 time had to involved in order to make this happen

Most of the pages were easy to integrate with latest bootstrap.But you know some of them had conflicts.

What are the conflicts?

1. Around 3 or 4 version of JQuery versions are there
  2. Already bootstrap 3 was integrated in some Modules.
  3. Third party dependency tools using bootstrap 3.0 was there

These are the problems we had to fixed and resolve the conflicts.

Then the test failures.

According to my opinion this is something normal.All the tests that failed were selinium tests because of the xpath changes(From xpath trying to identify the compoenents).

But @dkayiwa.At one point we have to stop and think about having one refering one jquery version,One bootstrap dependency version.For all modules to access.That will be lot more painful.But the truth is it will be great if we can do it :slightly_smiling_face:

@dkayiwa This pain is very required to bring 10 years of UI development evolution into the present - we are 95% there are tweaks that are required

1 Like

Yes @ssmusoke all most all issues reported up-to now were fixed. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I think we should have had a feature branch where all this work should have been committed instead of master, the same should have been done for all affected modules, and then only merge the branches once everything is working properly.

Agreed, as I said above, the current process will probably have the advantage to force the whole thing through. But yeah, it’s a bit forcing people’s hand.

Thanks @ayesh for all your hard work though, but I’m a bit worried about the rabbit hole situation.

1 Like

Would greatly love to hear @joeldenning’s thoughts on this.

@mksd I feel your pain - The biggest challenge that currently happens is that the platform and RefApp code bases are now over 4 years old (at least that is how long I have been working with them), and are a mix of all different technologies many of which are now dead.

We can always roll back and stay with the current status quo or slog ahead through to the future one issue at a time as they arise, fortunately we have an enthusiastic and responsive contributor driving the changes through

@wyclif How would we have gotten CI to build and deploy feature branches across 8 Ref App modules and to qa-refapp?

1 Like

@dkayiwa , @mksd , @wyclif , @ssmusoke

Yeah, I can feel the pain of the situation. But don’t worry I will engage with the community work whenever an issue arises I will fix it as soon as possible.

@wyclif as @ssmusoke mentioned if we didn’t do the distribution app build we would not be able to identify the selenium testing issues as well.

But I hope most of the issues are now ok. If there are even smaller issues please raise on this thread. I will work on them as soon as possible.

Regards Ayesh

@ayesh did you intentionally change the font sizes on the log in screen?

Hi @dkayiwa

Yes I did change the font size and also asked for the feedback as per the feed back all were ok with it so proceeded with it.But if it is not needed we can revert back @dkayiwa

Let me know ure thoughts :slightly_smiling_face: