Contributing to module radiologydcm4chee

I am new to openMRS. Few questions: Where is the link to a pdf file for installation of radiologydcm4chee? This radiology module requires openMRS 1.9.x, but I can only down load the war file for this openMRS. No source code available: http://sourceforge.net/projects/openmrs/files/releases/OpenMRS_Platform_1.9.9/ Is this OK for me to install the radiologydcm4chee addon? Thanks in advance.

welcome dear @sorcerer :smile:

hope this helps :smiley:

PS: if you want to get started quickly, just to see the current functionality of the module I suggest using the vagrant/virtualbox project https://github.com/teleivo/puppet-openmrs-radiologydcm4chee which installs dcm4chee/OpenMRS/mysql in a Ubuntu VM

I am not too sure I understand the install guide correctly. Please advise. On page 4 of the install guide, it said download the radiologydcm4chee app & run clean install. This process will generate a war file. I already has a war file from openMRS V1.9.9 in tomcatā€™s webapps folder & openMRS is running. What should I do with the war file from radiologydcm4chee? Where should I place this radiologydcm4chee war file?

Page 4 explains how you build the module from the source code.

To start it might be easiest if you just download the compiled module file radiology-0.1.0.0-dev-SNAPSHOT.omod from https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Radiology+Module+with+dcm4chee under Resources ā€œModule OMODā€

then you have to login to OpenMRS, go to Administration --> Manage Modules where you can deploy the module.

Thanks for instructions @teleivo So far so good with OenMRS Platform 1.9.9 & radiologydcm4chee.

I cross reference UI with the installation guide page by page. Good so far. Will be testing forwarding DCM later today and try to accustom to worklist and test. Will report progress later when I return to testing this module.

One thing. After familiar with radiologydcm4chee GUI, how to uninstall this radiology-0.1.0.0-dev-SNAPSHOT.omod since I want to compile the source openmrs-module-radiologydcm4chee-master.zip & put it back into OpenMRS?

youā€™re welcome @sorcerer! undeploying a module is done at the same place where you deployed it. just press the trash can symbol.

On page 22 of the install guide, the figure shown Storage Commitment Port is 11115 and Storage Port is 11116. In my installation, the port numbers for these 2 entries are reversed (my default setting). Is that OK?

When I use netstat to check which ports are in use, I can see dcm4chee is using port 11112, java is using Port 11114. However, in Radiology Module, Mwl Mpps is using Port 11114. Since openMRS is java based. So I think this is just a way saying some java app is using port 11114 - which translated in my head that openMRS is using this port. Am I correct?

I have a question about worklist. As far as I understand, worklist is normally generated in RIS or in EMR, and in our case should be somewhere this radiology module UI in openMRS. Then push the worklist to the imaging modality and in our case, Dvtk, to simulate the real life situation sending the worklist to an imaging workstation.

I donā€™t see the instructions of how to do this worklist generation and push process in the install guide.

Is it done in dcm4chee Modality Worklist page of dcm4chee and not somewhere in openMRS page? If it is, then what is the use of this Radiology Module integration into openMRS?

Can someone kindly tell me how do I generate a worklist and how to sent it over to imaging modality which in our case is Dvtk simulator?

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

sir can this module work with openmrs 1.9.10 , because in the openmrs pages it will work with 1.9.x versions. Please tell me

You could try it out and see.

yes sir. module worked from 1.9.0 to 1.9.10

now issue is ā€¦ PLEASE look at this

dear @gulraiz,

there has never been an official release of the module and it is up to this date definitely not ready for production in my view. See notes at https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-module-radiology#limitations

You can however go back to the commit that supported 1.9.x, build the module and use it, if you want.

thank you sirā€¦ my issue was resolved.