Bahmni not syncing with OpenELIS

I am trying to troubleshoot why Bahmni not registering any patients (as well as the orders) to OpenELIS.

I am seeing the following in the atomfeed module for OpenELIS

Also I am trying to start bahmni-lab-connect but somehow the service is unrecognized. However using rpm -qa | grep bahmni-lab-connect I can see the package is installed.

what am I missing here?

Hi @abiieez,

• The entries in atomfeed-console showing the last read lab order from OpenMRS and also there are no failed events.
  • bahmni-lab-connect is not a service and it just an rpm.
  • Try to clear the entries in markers table in OpenELIS if you face the sync issue from MRS to ELIS. psql -Uclinlims clinlims -c "delete from markers;"

I’m new to bahmni and I am having similar problems with syncing between OpenMRS and OpenELIS. I am able to create patients in OpenMRS and issue lab test orders. But when I login to OpenELIS, I don’t see the tests I have ordered in the lab dashboard.

I understand this is a syncing problem and so I have tried deleting the entries in the markers table from both OpenMRS and OpenELIS database, but this has no effect. There is still no syncing happening.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi @vu2aeo, Once you clear the markers table within 2-5 min you should be able to see the entries in the markers table as it tries to read from beginning. If you don’t see the entires in markers table then there might be a problem with atom feed sync. In that case please share the /opt/openmrs/log/openmrs.log file to check the errors.

@binduak, Hi. I see the markers table now has new entries but the lab orders from bahmni are still not syncing with lab dashboard’s pending tests in OpenELIS.

The openmrs logfile is about 1540kb in size…is there any particular entry I should be interested in?

For my case, I deleted the markers and they get filled up again. However syncing is still not working. Then I tried reinstalling bahmni-lab-connect package. However after reinstall now the markers do not get filled up anymore.

Sync is working after re-installing bahmni-lab-connect?

Sync still not working after reinstalling. The markers are still empty.

Please restart bahmni-lab service sudo service bahmni-lab restart

I tried the following

sudo service bahmni-lab restart
bahmni -i local stop
bahmni -i local start

Then I tried to execute delete from markers however it says “DELETE 0”. Means no markers were created.

This is the log from atomfeed-console.log when I am accessing https://192.168.1.97/atomfeed-console/#/apps/OpenELIS/feedStatus

java.lang.NullPointerException: null
        at org.ict4h.service.AppStatusService.getAppStatus(AppStatusService.java:42) ~[atomfeed-console.jar!/:1.0-SNAPSHOT]
        at org.ict4h.controllers.AppStatusController.getAppStatus(AppStatusController.java:29) ~[atomfeed-console.jar!/:1.0-SNAPSHOT]
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[na:1.7.0_79]
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_79]
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_79]
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_79]
        at org.springframework.web.method.support.InvocableHandlerMethod.doInvoke(InvocableHandlerMethod.java:222) ~[spring-web-4.2.4.RELEASE.jar!/:4.2.4.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.web.method.support.InvocableHandlerMethod.invokeForRequest(InvocableHandlerMethod.java:137) ~[spring-web-4.2.4.RELEASE.jar!/:4.2.4.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.ServletInvocableHandlerMethod.invokeAndHandle(ServletInvocableHandlerMethod.java:110) ~[spring-webmvc-4.2.4.RELEASE.jar!/:4.2.4.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.invokeHandlerMethod(RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.java:814) ~[spring-webmvc-4.2.4.RELEASE.jar!/:4.2.4.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.handleInternal(RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.java:737) ~[spring-webmvc-4.2.4.RELEASE.jar!/:4.2.4.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.AbstractHandlerMethodAdapter.handle(AbstractHandlerMethodAdapter.java:85) ~[spring-webmvc-4.2.4.RELEASE.jar!/:4.2.4.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:959) ~[spring-webmvc-4.2.4.RELEASE.jar!/:4.2.4.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:893) ~[spring-webmvc-4.2.4.RELEASE.jar!/:4.2.4.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:969) ~[spring-webmvc-4.2.4.RELEASE.jar!/:4.2.4.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:860) ~[spring-webmvc-4.2.4.RELEASE.jar!/:4.2.4.RELEASE]
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:622) ~[tomcat-embed-core-8.0.30.jar!/:8.0.30]
        at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.service(FrameworkServlet.java:845) ~[spring-webmvc-4.2.4.RELEASE.jar!/:4.2.4.RELEASE]
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729) ~[tomcat-embed-core-8.0.30.jar!/:8.0.30]
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:291) ~[tomcat-embed-core-8.0.30.jar!/:8.0.30]
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) ~[tomcat-embed-core-8.0.30.jar!/:8.0.30]
        at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52) ~[tomcat-embed-websocket-8.0.30.jar!/:8.0.30]
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:239) ~[tomcat-embed-core-8.0.30.jar!/:8.0.30]
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) ~[tomcat-embed-core-8.0.30.jar!/:8.0.30]
        at org.springframework.web.filter.RequestContextFilter.doFilterInternal(RequestContextFilter.java:99) ~[spring-web-4.2.4.RELEASE.jar!/:4.2.4.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:107) ~[spring-web-4.2.4.RELEASE.jar!/:4.2.4.RELEASE]
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:239) ~[tomcat-embed-core-8.0.30.jar!/:8.0.30]
        at org.springframework.web.filter.HttpPutFormContentFilter.doFilterInternal(HttpPutFormContentFilter.java:87) ~[spring-web-4.2.4.RELEASE.jar!/:4.2.4.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:107) ~[spring-web-4.2.4.RELEASE.jar!/:4.2.4.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.web.filter.HiddenHttpMethodFilter.doFilterInternal(HiddenHttpMethodFilter.java:77) ~[spring-web-4.2.4.RELEASE.jar!/:4.2.4.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilterInternal(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:121) ~[spring-web-4.2.4.RELEASE.jar!/:4.2.4.RELEASE]
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:212) ~[tomcat-embed-core-8.0.30.jar!/:8.0.30]
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:106) [tomcat-embed-core-8.0.30.jar!/:8.0.30]
        at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:502) [tomcat-embed-core-8.0.30.jar!/:8.0.30]
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:141) [tomcat-embed-core-8.0.30.jar!/:8.0.30]
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:79) [tomcat-embed-core-8.0.30.jar!/:8.0.30]
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:88) [tomcat-embed-core-8.0.30.jar!/:8.0.30]
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:521) [tomcat-embed-core-8.0.30.jar!/:8.0.30]
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1096) [tomcat-embed-core-8.0.30.jar!/:8.0.30]
        at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:674) [tomcat-embed-core-8.0.30.jar!/:8.0.30]
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1500) [tomcat-embed-core-8.0.30.jar!/:8.0.30]
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(NioEndpoint.java:1456) [tomcat-embed-core-8.0.30.jar!/:8.0.30]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_79]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_79]
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61) [tomcat-embed-core-8.0.30.jar!/:8.0.30]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_79]

I am upgrading my Bahmni from 0.86 to 0.88 successfully. Now I can see some records in the atomfeed console of openelis

However adding new patient in Bahmni does not automatically add new patient in the openelis. Also I notice one thing in the screenshot… it is missing

http://localhost:8050/openmrs/ws/atomfeed/patient/recent

Any idea why thats happening ? Is this why the new patients not automatically synced with openelis ?

I got it fixed by running the queries on this post.

I deleted the markers and they get filled up again and syncing is also working. Thanks, that was helpful…

Hi @abiieez

I tried the solution u proposed but so far I can get patients synced but not tests. Can u remember if it worked for u?