Continuing the discussion from GCI 2017 - Official Mentor Invite:
This task is to search around the wiki, the developers guide and the implementers guide to find pages mentioning old instructions for publishing to modules.openmrs.org and point to https://wiki.openmrs.org/x/zIMmAQ instead.
Also any mentioning of the modules.openmrs.org url should be replaced with the addons.openmrs.org url. Modules.openmrs.org will continue to work, but it will redirect to addons.openmrs.org, which should be the preferred way to access it. I’d like to review any edits you make, so please post them under this issue in comments.
I believe we want module documentation to point to the module in the Add-On index and not to https://wiki.openmrs.org/x/zIMmAQ, which is the page instructing module authors how to release a module into BinTray.
Also, it seems like the tasks we’d want for GCI would be something like:
- Create a list of all modules in OpenMRS Add Ons.
- Given #1, for each module in list of Add Ons, update any references to modules.openmrs.org in the module documentation to point to the appropriate page in OpenMRS Add Ons.
- After #2 is done, search for any remaining references to modules.openmrs.org in the wiki and update any that are active (e.g., have been created/edited in the past 2 years) to refer to OpenMRS Add Ons.
- Update references to the module repository in the OpenMRS Guide to refer to the OpenMRS Add Ons.
- Update references in the Developer Manual to refer to the OpenMRS Add Ons.