Happy Monday, all!
In 2023, we’ve see quite a bit of action when it comes to OpenMRS professional development:
- Improved getting started/onboarding documentation, especially via the O3 dev guide, implementer’s guide, and O3 design guide.
- In-country bootcamps/hackathons
- Year 16 of Google Summer of Code
- Year 4 of OpenMRS Fellowships
Since OMRS23 in Abuja, the idea of having an OpenMRS Academy has re-surfaced and a few of us are ready to dig in.
- How can all of our proven professional development activities (ie: GSoC, Fundamental Academy, virtual Dev track, bootcamps, fellowships) fit under an OpenMRS Academy umbrella?
- How are other global goods & open source projects organizing their academies & universities?
- What is possible in 2024? Who can help make it happen? What are other orgs doing?
- How can we solve the perpetual problem of finding committed facilitators/mentors?
When: Tuesday, November 7 at 6:30pm IST | 4pm Nairobi | 3pm Cape Town | 1pm UTC| 8am Boston | 5am Seattle
Where: Launch Meeting - Zoom