Yum Install - Bahmni - Distribution Not Found: Click

Good day -

Have been following the documentation. Trying to install Bahmni 0.89. Fresh install of CentOS 6.8. After i do the yum install… and then try and confirm the Bahmni command… i continuously receive the following…

############### File “/usr/bin/bahmni”, line 5, in from pkg_resources import load_entry_point File “/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pkg_resources.py”, line 2655, in working_set.require(requires) File “/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pkg_resources.py”, line 648, in require needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements)) File “/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pkg_resources.py”, line 546, in resolve raise DistributionNotFound(req) pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: Click ###############

I have tried doing the ‘pip install click’, does not correct the error.

I’ve looked in each of the directories / files within the error message and cannot address the issue.

Thanks

@cyberlive, thanks for reporting this error. That is something that others have been reporting too.

A JIRA ticket has been created:

We are actively looking at it but there currently is no easy way to get around. We will keep you posted as soon as we find a solution.

Good morning –

I lined up a series of vms and worked away at the 0.89 install on fresh installs of CentOS 6.8.

For this particular error, this seems to address it;

(1) yum -y update

(2) yum install epel-release

(3) yum -y install python-pip

(4) pip install --upgrade setuptools

(5) yum install https://dl.bintray.com/bahmni/rpm/rpms/bahmni-installer-0.89-193.noarch.rpm

1 Like

That works, thanks!

We are looking at updating the RPM in order to install setuptools using pip rather than yum. Yum seems to be provide a too old version.

I tried same steps but still getting the same error, help pls!

It worked for me after running this command

pip install --user setuptools

The error seems to still happen when using Bahmni with Docker. (see error log http://paste.ubuntu.com/26112686/)

sudo ./docker.sh
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/bahmni", line 11, in <module>
    load_entry_point('bahmni==0.1', 'console_scripts', 'bahmni')()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/click-6.7-py2.6.egg/click/core.py", line 722, in __call__
    return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/click-6.7-py2.6.egg/click/core.py", line 697, in main
    rv = self.invoke(ctx)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/click-6.7-py2.6.egg/click/core.py", line 1066, in invoke
    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/click-6.7-py2.6.egg/click/core.py", line 895, in invoke
    return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/click-6.7-py2.6.egg/click/core.py", line 535, in invoke
    return callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/click-6.7-py2.6.egg/click/decorators.py", line 17, in new_func
    return f(get_current_context(), *args, **kwargs)
  File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/bahmni.py", line 91, in install
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 505, in check_call
    raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command 'ansible-playbook -i /etc/bahmni-installer/local all.yml -vv  --extra-vars '@/etc/bahmni-installer/rpm_versions.yml' --extra-vars '@/etc/bahmni-installer/setup.yml'' returned non-zero exit status 4
The command '/bin/sh -c bahmni -i local install' returned a non-zero code: 1
f9ebe14460d04016db06c07fd4347b6f32c38fd27687213115e22de4ea10db5a

@angshuonline, do you confirm?

Had the same problem when installing bahmni 0.89 and 0.90

To solve the issue i did the following :

(1) yum -y update

(2) yum install epel-release

(3) yum -y install python-pip

(4) pip install --upgrade setuptools

(5) pip install click

(6) yum install https://dl.bintray.com/bahmni/rpm/rpms/bahmni-installer-0.89-193.noarch.rpm

(7) check if everything is OK in the ‘/etc/bahmni-installer/setup.yml’ according to your environment

(8) bahmni -i local install

I hope it will help somebody!!!

bahmni -i local install

bash :bahmni command not found

Hi Romain,

I am also having the similar issue running bahmni on docker. Could you please share how you have solved the issue? Thanks in advance.

Traceback (most recent call last): File “/usr/bin/bahmni”, line 9, in load_entry_point(‘bahmni==0.1’, ‘console_scripts’, ‘bahmni’)() File “/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pkg_resources.py”, line 299, in load_entry_point return get_distribution(dist).load_entry_point(group, name) File “/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pkg_resources.py”, line 2229, in load_entry_point return ep.load() File “/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pkg_resources.py”, line 1948, in load entry = import(self.module_name, globals(),globals(), [‘name’]) File “/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/bahmni-0.1-py2.6.egg/bahmni.py”, line 1, in import click File “/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/click-7.1.2-py2.6.egg/click/init.py”, line 7, in from .core import Argument File “/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/click-7.1.2-py2.6.egg/click/core.py”, line 21, in from .formatting import HelpFormatter File “/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/click-7.1.2-py2.6.egg/click/formatting.py”, line 4, in from .parser import split_opt File “/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/click-7.1.2-py2.6.egg/click/parser.py”, line 228 self._opt_prefixes = {"-", “–”} ^ SyntaxError: invalid syntax

The issue is resolved in our implementation. It was related to the version of click. I am using the bahmni-installer-0.91-70. I have downgraded the click version from 7.1.2 to 7.0 and its working now.