Wuhan Coronavirus: A big responsibility for OpenMRS!

Hii Community, over the past few days a deadly virus named - Coronavirus has outbroken in Wuhan, China. Coronavirus is a deadly disease which affects human lungs and can easily spread from person to person.

Till now over 450 people in China have got infected and 1 case has been reported in the US, it has spread to the neighbouring countries like Thailand, Japan and South Korea. And the worst thing about it is lack of vaccines and medications.

We still don’t know much about it, WHO has called for an emergency meeting on the matter.

OpenMRS played a good role in Ebola Virus outbreak by trying to spread more awareness on it, we’re still on the early stages on Coronavirus outbreak, this time we can do a even greater job. We should try to spread awareness about it and also try to collect donations for the same if things get worse.

Coronavirus awarness should be a top priority of OpenMRS as an Health related organisation. I would like to get our community’s attention to this.

cc: @dev1 @dev2 @dev3 @dev4 @dev5 @Leadership @jennifer @dkayiwa @herbert24 @burke @jwnasambu @irenyak1 @sharif @tendomart @suthagar23

11 Likes

Definitely agree with you @prathamesh009. This article should provide more information about Coronavirus: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/20/health/what-is-coronavirus-explained/index.html

1 Like

Just added a video for the same. Thanks :grin:

1 Like

@prathamesh009 thanks much for this information

1 Like

Thanks @prathamesh009 for notifying.

It also had a big thread to india also.

It is a coronavirus, the “Wuhan coronavirus” also named 2019-nCoV.

Yes @mksd it is that one only.

Made changes

Perhaps I might reflect that the primary way that OpenMRS helped with Ebola is show how open source can work with local authorities to devise disease-specific treatment protocols under difficult situations. I am not sure that the novel Coronavirus fits that model. As I understand it, it is still early, does not require specific treatment (other than isolation) and is not yet widespread. There is a role for OpenMRS in contact tracing and careful documentation, so we will make sure that there are proper concepts within the dictionary to capture testing and diagnosis.

7 Likes

@prathamesh009 thanks for the info.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this information @prathamesh009.

2 Likes

CIEL will be adding new concepts and will produce a release this weekend for: Pneumonia due to Wuhan coronavirus, infection by Wuhan coronavirus and exposure to Wuhan coronavirus. Any other specific concepts requested (including the specific lab test for detecting it) please let me know?

2 Likes

I would like to know whether anyone is using OpenMRS to screen, diagnose or treat patients or contacts of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV). IMO is also releasing these concepts for use within Epic, Cerner, Allscripts, and most other EHRs in the English-speaking world. Update dictionaries now.

Hi, my friends…Spend your 5 minutes by reading this post. Coronavirus has spread to India. To know more about it:

India confirms 1st coronavirus case from Kerala, patient under isolation ward

There is no specific cause for this virus and vaccine is not yet prepared. So some good practices you can follow:-

1. Wash your hands regularly and before shaking hands.
  2. Have a handkerchief and use it while sneezing or coughing.
  3. Avoid close contact with people.
  4. Keep your bodies clean.
  5. drink water(hot water) daily to keep your body hydrated.
  6. drink some ayurvedic syrup(which is used for most diseases) which is famous in your nation to keep your body healthy.
  7. If you have low immunity power, its best to stay inside your house.
  8. Avoid junk foods and non veg.
  9. Most importantly Keep smiling :slight_smile:

Symptoms:- The symptoms of most coronaviruses are similar to any other upper respiratory infection, including [runny nose] and sometimes a fever. In most cases, you won’t know whether you have a coronavirus or a different cold-causing virus, such as rhinovirus.

So stay healthy and live long :+1:

2 Likes

One more thing I would like to mention is avoid non-veg as virus has it’s origin from sea food market.

2 Likes

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6 follow this it is a live virus spread map.

1 Like

thanks i added now

1 Like

@prathamesh009 thanks for information