Why does Platform Standalone build generate a MySQL password error?

Application Name: Standalone Build either 1.9.0 or 1.10.3 and others Question: I’ve been trying to build openmrs standalone on mac, but I am facing this issue of

“java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user ‘openmrs’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)”

Full Stack Trace - http://pastebin.com/xX11gPfu

I had some other issues earlier that I resolved by adding aspectjrt,aspectjrttools, mysqlconnector-mxj, mysqlconnector-mxj-db-files jar files to the CLASSPATH.

I also considered I might have corrupted the files and tried mvn clean package in a new clone but, the issue persisted. I’m guessing as I couldn’t find this in JIRA, the mvn clean package command is working for other developers and this can be some setting issue.

If anyone can guide me in the right direction it would be really helpful. an comments? @dkayiwa, @wyclif, @mogoodrich

Stop or kill all running mysql instances and try again.

Tried it using - “sudo pkill -f mysql” and “sudo pkill -f mysqld” on re-run gave the same error.

Try restart your computer.

1 Like

@dkayiwa, a restart didn’t help but, I had a mismatch between the JDBC connector and my MySQL version. Getting the appropriate version solved this. Thanks for the help :slight_smile: