When we introduce a new ERP module, what are the integration points that need to integrate it with Bahmni/OpenMRS?

When we introduce a new ERP module, what are the integration points that need to integrate it with Bahmni/OpenMRS? Which API’s we need to change? How to connect that service with the openerp-atomfeed service?

The integration is done based on use-case. For instance, if someone adds an Attendance Management module to Odoo, or a Reporting module, etc – they may need nothing “additional” from Bahmni, in which case no new integration is needed.

Can you provide details of what ERP module did you add, and what data from Bahmni do u need in ERP? That will help answer this question better.

I want to replace a new ERP module I developed instead of Odoo. That ERP has included the same facility in the Odoo. When I register a patient in Bahmni I want to sync that patient data into my new ERP service using atomfeed-service or another way. Which way is better? If I use openerp-atomfeed-service what are the changes should do in openerp-atomfeed-service and my new ERP service? The new ERP module is developed using Spring Boot.

I see. You wish to swap a custom ERP you built using Sprint Boot, instead of using Odoo.

In that case, you would need to modify/build a new ATOM Feed bridge service (just like the openerp-atomfeed-service), that talks to Bahmni (openmrs) on the left side and your new ERP service on the right side.

For inspiration on how to do this, you can look at this sample code that @angshuonline recently wrote:

You can also see this sample code on how Bahmni <–> BikaLIMS (Lab) integration was done over ATOM Feed. (See section: Reference Material: https://bahmni.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/BAH/pages/2859728897/Integration+with+SENAITE+BikaLIMS)

It would be great if you could do a short demo for the community in one of the PAT (Product Architecture Team) calls after you’ve finished the integration.

We have PAT calls happening - at 6:30 pm IST, that’s 1 pm UTC, 9 am Eastern Time every Wednesday. See your timezone here.

Zoom meeting: Launch Meeting - Zoom 1

1 Like