What is the OpenMRS Plan for Core Development

@ssmusoke, I’m glad that you’re keeping this front and center.

As I reflect on those specific issues you mention, it occurs to me that this goes beyond engaging core developers. It’s also about tapping into and coordinating a variety of resources - and doing this in a way that complements work being done by others in the community. For some projects, this may mean finding an additional dev or harvesting work done by another implementation. For other projects like Sync 2.0, it could be finding a product owner or a tester. In some cases, like OCL for OpenMRS, it may very well be a combination of these.

The Product Change Committee and the Technical Action Committee are a couple of the exciting things happening in the community that @akanter mentioned. These two groups play key roles in defining our approach and priorities for our technical products. In turn, their work can inform discussions and decisions on SO meetings about resources. Knowing what our priorities are and what resources they need is a starting place.

As @akanter says and from your previous post about the Ref App, it’s clear that there are some key things that you would like to see. Does the Product Change Committee know what specific features you are looking for next? If you’re unsure, chime in on their Talk thread or join them during their weekly Wednesday meeting. And I hope you’ll actively bring your technical recommendations to the Technical Acton Committee’s discussions in the coming weeks.

And I know you and @dkayiwa have been busy at the UgandaEMR hackathon, however, have you had a chance to check out what the new FHIR Squad is up to? Feel free to join them as they discuss what is next for the FHIR module.