What are your expectations/requirements/wish list for CIEL & OCL?

We’ve put this on hold on the Bahmni side, partly waiting for more OCL progress, but our general idea is still that we want to do what I described a year ago in these topics:

I think that our MVP still is to make a centralized starter set of diagnoses for Bahmni, and then let new implementations fork this and make their own modifications. (And this set should be largely a subset drawn from CIEL.)

Looking back at my post from 1 year ago I wrote about existing gaps, and many of these have been addressed, and some I’m not clear on the status of:

OCL Gaps

• DONE - Support “OpenMRS Validation” of OCL sources and collections, so that users don’t inadvertently create concepts or dictionaries they cannot import into OpenMRS/Bahmni [in progress]
  • DONE? - Good UX for the “search for a concept (preferring CIEL), and add it to my collection” workflow
  • Tool to review current state of a collection (e.g. using SNOMED or ICD-10 maps to help visualize the semantic space being covered)
  • “Propose a concept” workflow

OpenMRS Gaps

• Subscription module support for collections
  • Subscription module support for loading a downloaded artifact (e.g. ZIP file) rather than live sync

Bahmni Gaps

• Use the OpenMRS OCL Subscription module to load concepts during deployment
  • DONE - new Form Designer technology so that we don’t need implementation-specific concepts to achieve desired visual layout